Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, February 26, 2007

Jimmi's Telling You He's Not Going


My weekend didn't start off too well.

Driving back from the library I saw a dog get hit by a car. The asshole who hit the dog stopped long enough to allow me and another man pull the dog to the side of the room before leaving.


The poor dog was running across the street with another dog. The one dog was unharmed and made it across the street. After getting the dog to the sidewalk, it took off and got hit by ANOTHER car.

So, we carried the dog to the sidewalk and it just laid there panting. It was so sad. After getting disconnected with the Humane Society, I had Joe call for me.


By this time, the man who helped me get the dog to safety took off. So it was just me and the panting dog. I didn't know if I should put him in my car and drive him to the shelter or not. I just pet him for a bit and told him he was going to be okay.


Unfortunately, the poor little doggy died within minutes. :-(

I just don't understand how somebody could take off without helping the poor little dog. People suck sometimes.


Friday night, Joe, Robert, Ryno and I saw Number 23 with Jim Carrey. It was a few numbers short of a good movie.
Saturday Joe and I were going to see a play with Buddy. But it was opening night and sold out, so we quickly invited people over to Joe's for an impromptu game night.

It was a blast!

Cranium is a fun group game to play. And it helps you get better acquainted with your friends. I learned:
Alfonzo has the uncanny ability to spell words backwards.
Despite trying, Chris can't hum American Woman.
Joe does a pretty good job of making a birdbath with a handful of modeling clay.
And Jack will blame his partner for losing even though his partner was the best on the team.

Sunday we headed to Squirtle's for a BBQ. After stuffing ourselves, we met Tim at Apollo's (a local gay bar) to see The Blonde One host the Oscar's. And no, I'm not referring to Ellen. My very funny friend, Barbra Sevillehosted a fun Oscar's party at Apollo's complete with prizes!


Joe won tickets to the Bodyworlds exhibit. I won a free car wash and oil change. And Tim won movie tickets!


Barbra, Tim and Joe were their normal funny selves. Plus, Neil Cohen (Echo's resident movie critic) sat at our table, and he's very funny too. So it was a good night.


The best part was when Tim turned to me and said, "I didn't know Helen Mirren was going to show up."


I turned to see a drag queen at the bar who looked just like Helen Mirren. The best part happened a half hour later.


The draq queen left the bar and five minutes later, Helen Mirren was on TV. The real Helen Mirren did her bit on TV, then five minutes later, the drag queen came back. It was uncanny!

I hadn't watched the telecast since I was in high school and I have to say I haven't missed much. Could someone tell me if there's ever been a year since the invention of talkies that Randy Newman wasn't nominated for Best Song?

HAPPY TUNESDAY!!
I was really upset when Jennifer Hudson got kicked off American Idol (the one and only season I've ever watched it -- NEVERMORE! All the good people get kicked off and losers like Fantasia and Tyler Hicks win). I was happy that she won an Oscar. I haven't seen Dreamgirls yet. But I did see the musical. Watch this clip from the Tony's. The video quality isn't great but the original Effie White, Jennifer Holliday, really belts out this song.


6 Comments:

  • My favorite line was Tim's, "Are you having trouble seeing? Want to sit on my lap?"

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Feb 27, 08:04:00 AM MST  

  • Damn that is so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    Maybe this will make you feel better. New channel on Sirius: Lithium, channel 24. Description says: music from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day and more. Need I say more???

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Feb 27, 10:54:00 PM MST  

  • You're a good man. But we all knew that.

    By Blogger AveBeno, At Wed Feb 28, 12:57:00 AM MST  

  • reading about that dog made me want to cry. I will never understand how people have such a lack of care about life, even if it is a dog.

    You are a great person, at least there are still a few of you out there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Mar 01, 12:43:00 PM MST  

  • If I'm that funny on O'Doul's, I must be HILARIOUS drunk.

    Actually, the first 3 hours of the academy awards at Apollo's were alsmost as exciting as a PBS fund drive...complete with the random telephone rings in the background. Of course, you guys and Barbra made it fun. Can't wait until the People's Choice awards!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Mar 03, 08:57:00 AM MST  

  • I don't get the title... ?

    By Blogger Jimmi, At Sun Mar 04, 01:31:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home