Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Messy Teddy

Last month Joe and I went attended a holiday party thrown by a friend of his. The friend (and his partner) are both very wealthy and have a very nice apartment in an exclusive tower in the Biltmore.

I didn't really know anyone there, so I was very happy to find out Joe's boss Kevin and Kevin's partner Michael Porto (it has to be said in one breath - even Kevin calls him MichaelPorto). The four of us stood in the kitchen and talked about cats and grocery stores and other bizarre things.

Joe, Kevin and MichaelPorto adjourned to the other room to bring back snacks. I was standing at the bar/sink in the kitchen. My elbow was resting on a napkin. On top of the napkin was a glass of wine. I moved my elbow ever so slightly which caused the glass of wine to topple. Having cat-like reflexes I managed to grab the glass of wine before it spilled.

Unfortunately, by grabbing the glass I caused ALL of the wine to come flying out of the glass. There was a five foot radius of red wine all over the kitchen. I stood there for about ten seconds assessing the situation. "Maybe nobody noticed," I thought.

But then I saw the apartment owner and gracious host approach with a painted on smile saying, "That's okay. It'll clean up." As we were cleaning up the mess (it took forever), the host decided to explain how the marble finish was imported from Italy and was VERY porous.

So, Kevin, Joe, and MichaelPorto walked in as I'm on my hands and knees cleaning this stuff up. Kevin starts laughing and asks what the hell happened.

Fast forward to last night. Joe and I went to opening night at Arizona Theatre Company's production of Souvenir. He and I were standing in the lobby talking to his boss Kevin. I had a glass of red wine in my hand. Kevin leaves.

I decide to turn off my phone (unbeknownst to me, MichaelPorto is approaching from behind...). My phone slips from my hand. I try to grab the phone before it drops and end up spilling my wine all over the floor and onto Joe's shirt.

So, Joe says I have a secret crush on MichaelPorto which causes me to spill wine whenever I'm near him. Joe also dubbed him Michael PourO!

It was pretty funny. So once again, I had to clean up a mess. And my phone split on the side. I have to get some crazy glue or tape to hold it together.

Friday night we went to the library for Andy's (one of the straight guy's on my team) birthday. It was a lot of fun and he got REALLY drunk. I had an interesting conversation of gay vs. straight sex with Andy. And an even more interesting conversation with John (another straight guy on our team) about his sexual exploits as a teenager.

Sunday, Joe and I went to see The Messengers. It was pretty good - it had some really spooky parts! I like ghost stories like that. I'll blog later about why I only go to Harkins Theatres.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home