Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Easy Out!

I had a fun weekend!

Friday night Joe, Jimmi, Kevin and I headed to the Mills to see Hannibal Rising. I didn't want to see this movie. I thought the whole Hannibal Lecter thing had been done to death. And the reviews weren't very good. But Jim gave it a good review and he and I are in sync when it comes to horror films and rock music, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Overall, it was a pretty good movie. It was interesting to see how Hannibal became the super smart, wickedly funny villain who loves to eat his victims. I really loved it because it took place in 1940s - 50s Soviet Union and France. I love pre-90s Soviet Union stuff. I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to it. I guess because deep down inside I'm a big pinko commie, comrades.

Saturday, after playing HOURS of Zelda, Joe and I watched a bit of Peter Jackson's version of King Kong. I only got to watch the first half hour, but it's recorded on his DVR so I'm sure I'll finish watching the final six hours later this week. When I was a wee lad, I was obsessed with King Kong. I had the poster of the 1976 remake hanging in my bedroom. I hope this version is decent - so far so good.

We rented the movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It has Uma Thurmon, who I absolutely LOVE. And one of the Wilson brothers (Luke). It was cute and had a great premise, but it wasn't as funny as it should have been.

We also watched Sarah Silverman's show Jesus is Magic. It's HORRIBLY offensive. Of course, I loved it. Joe and I were quoting it all night.

Sunday we got up at the crack of dawn to watch the Scottsdale Lady Blues rugby team take on some team from Long Beach, Ca. They kicked ass and I got buzzed drinking beer at 9 in the morning.


After the game we all headed to Denny's for some good eats. (If you're curious to know who the handsome men above are: l - r, Alfonzo, Robert, David, Anton, Matt, Shane, Joe).

Then some of us headed to the softball fields in Tempe. The Lady Blues were having a fundraiser - a kickball tournament. I haven't played kickball since the 6th grade. It was SO MUCH FUN! I wish all the guys had come to play, because those who came really had a good time.

After the game we headed to Nu-Towne for a Phoenix Storm fundraiser. We sold some raffle tickets and distributed Storm cards to get people interested. It was nice. I hung out and talked a lot to Mike (our scrumhalf). I like hanging with him. We always have good talks.

It was also nice to see Jimmi and Kevin show up. Kevin had worked like 20 days straight or something insane. So, it was nice he came out and supported the team!

All in all, it was a great weekend! I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.
:-D

One more thing. I'm going to post a different song for Tunesday, but I'm really excited that The Police are going on tour. I didn't care too much for Synchronicity because it was a bit too pop-ish for me. But I love the song Synchronicity II. The lyrics are terribly depressing, but I love the sound of the music, the blended lyrics and the delivery.

Here's a video of it!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home