Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, February 23, 2007

Funny Friday

I didn't wear cleats when I played kickball on Sunday (I didn't want to seem pretentious). Unfortunately, I pitched (or more accurately, rolled the ball) so I was infield the whole time. And it was quite slippery.

Once I fell straight onto my left ass cheek. It kinda hurt (I don't have much padding). I also did the splits at one point (I'm not flexible, so it was sort of like a modified split where my legs were separated by only about four feet - but that's a lot for me!).

I've been kind of stiff all week. But today my left hamstring felt like it was shredded. So.... I'm doing the cold/hot thing. And I'll go to the voodoo doctor (more about him later) to help me get better.

Rugby is going really well. We have all new backs for the most part. They have no experience but they are improving so quickly. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks. We play three games in three weeks. It'll boost their learning curve (and mine too) tremendously. We're going to be VERY strong by the time we hit Seattle!

FUNNY FRIDAY!
Saturday Night Live is hit or miss. It goes through droughts of unfunniness that seem to last forever. The past couple of years have just been awful! I can't handle more than five or ten minutes of it. It just sucks.

One of my favorite skits from the past is the Sweeney Sisters. They are a lounge act that's beyond cheesy. It's not necessarily what they say, but how they say it that cracks me up. Jan Hooks's facial expressions are off the hook!

There's a few seconds of commercials at the beginning but keep on watching. It's great stuff.


7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home