Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, January 29, 2007

Rearranged

I typed in the word weekend in Google images and this was the first two pictures. So... say hello to Carmen Electra and her wonderfully huge breasts.

I had a nice weekend.

Friday, SJ came over to do his laundry. And we played a little bit of Wii. I LOVE my Wii. It's so much fun. Of course, whenever Kevin sees me playing Zelda he tells me I look like a spaz, throwing my arms around. It's probably true, but who cares. It's a blast!

Saturday night, Joe, Matt and I went to Burger Betty's to eat dinner. The place is notorious for its bad and slow service and mediocre food. But Buddy said that it's under new management and they've actually hired an executive chef.

So, we go there and receive really bad service. I never got my appetizer that I ordered and the waiter kept forgetting to bring us drinks or refill them.

The food was decent. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad.

Joe's friends Jimmi and Austin (his real name is Kevin but Joe mumbles so Matt and I understood it as Austin), joined us for drinks but missed out on the food. The five of us were sitting around, waiting for our check (apparently at Burger Betty's the check is only give after a minimum wait time of 30 minutes after your plates are cleared).

Before we knew it, some really drunk man scooched me over and sat down on my chair with me. He said he was one of the new owners and was telling us all about the horrors of upgrading everything. He was TRASHED. He kept rubbing Matt's leg and was sitting too close for comfort for me (obviously, since we were sharing a seat).

But that wasn't the most interesting part. Jimmy and Kevin were the most negative couple I've ever met. They fought the entire time. And they put everything and everyone down - including themselves.

Actually, that last paragraph was a complete lie. They were really nice but there's this inside joke that would take too long to explain.

After the drunk owner let us go, we paid out check we headed over to Roscoes. We played some darts and pool. Jimmi and I were teammates and beat Matt and Joe, two games to one. Jimmi is very funny and his boyfriend, Austin - I mean Kevin - is very sweet. I think we talked Kevin into showing up to practice on Tuesday!

Sunday Joe and I had dinner at John and Phill's with some other folks and then watched The Queen. Helen Mirren has been getting rave reviews for her portrayal. She was quite good but the movie was just average. I've seen Lifetime Movies that held my attention longer.

At the beginning of the movie there was a quotation from Shakespeare's Henry IV "Uneasy Lies the Head That Wears the Crown." I knew it was similar to a lyric from a song but I couldn't figure it out. I had to Google it later that night and found out it was from one of my favorite Limp Bizkit songs.

So HAPPY TUNESDAY!!

Here's the video for it. I used to love Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst. Too bad their 15 minutes of fame are over. I love the line - I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down.


4 Comments:

  • I'd like to point out that I was the one who saw the Shakespeare quote and remembered some band had a similar lyric.
    I'm catching up to Ted's smarts.

    I used to think I was just a sore winner... now i know I'm a sore loser too.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Jan 30, 08:28:00 AM MST  

  • LOL That was a great night out! We did have fun huh? The new Burger Betty owner was like Whitney Houston the later years, all drunk and hanging all over everyone. He was making his rounds that night. I think sober he is probably a nice guy but he was tanked! LOL

    Pool was fun and I do have to make sure I have you on my team ALWAYS, sorry Joe! LOL I didn't know he was rubbing Matt's leg.

    By Blogger Jimmi, At Tue Jan 30, 10:08:00 AM MST  

  • You are too funny. Looking forward to Rugby too... that was the sport, right? JK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Jan 30, 01:50:00 PM MST  

  • oh I want a WII! Hope ya'll are doing great!

    By Blogger DEREK, At Tue Jan 30, 07:27:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home