Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, November 14, 2005

Take Me Or Leave Me


ChristiannNNNNN!Posted by Picasa

8 days and counting

So this whole Marguerite OR Margaret Perrin (she's not sure) thing has taken me by storm. I'm obsessed with her. I've been reading all of the message boards and blogs that discuss her. Fortunately, 90% of America thinks she's a crazy bitch. I think that's her charm.

If you want to see a better and longer video than yesterday's post, check out this link.

Hopefully, if I read enough and write enough about her I'll stop using words like dark-sided and SCREAMINNNNNNG everything out. The guys at work are getting annoyed and Jeffy is getting scared.

In other news. Is anyone having issues with comments? I've had several people tell me that they are having problems posting comments to my blog. And I've had problems commenting on other blogs. It looks like it goes through but then it disappears. I turned off comment verification--BIG MISTAKE. After getting about 20 spam comments I turned it back on. Funny. My friends can't post a comment but Holden Tees can.

So lots of blogs have cute little things they do on certain days--like Persian Guy's Half Naked Thursday. I'm not posting half naked pictures of myself (well, at least not for free), but I thought it would be fun (for me) to do Tunes for Tuesday.

Since I only have one more week to Rent, I figured I'd start with Take Me Or Leave Me and give a little background. When Rent first came out, my friend Bryan swore that I was Maureen. And I have to say (sheepishly) that there was a lot of Maureen in me ten years ago. Especially when Kevin and I were first dating. He was definitely the Joanne to my Maureen. Read whatever subtexts you want in there. Today, I might be less selfish now (just a little) than Maureen, but I've still got that whole "gotta be me, gotta be free" attitude.

Here are the lyrics. Here's the streaming version. And here's the MP3 (just right click and save).

So, if you were a Rent character. Who would you be? Go ahead and post -- even you Rent haters.

12 Comments:

  • I'd probably be Mark's mom. In fact I left a nice message on someone's voicemail tonight. I'm not Jewish but what are you gonna do?

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Nov 15, 12:34:00 AM MST  

  • I only recently started doing that Half-Neked thursday thing when a blogger buddy who does suggested it. It's kinda fun. The guy that founded HNT has a blog with like hundreds of members. Everyone who does it is linked.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Tue Nov 15, 01:56:00 AM MST  

  • Thinking about it, I would probably be a cross between Maureen and Mark. But I couldn't tell you why. Maybe a little more Mark. I'm MARK! LOL...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 15, 08:16:00 AM MST  

  • Mark ... Mark ... I'm Mark!
    (Well, this is quite an operation.)

    I wish I could say I was someone cool like Collins or Benny, but I'm Mark.

    Or Bag Lady #1.

    - Buddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 15, 08:31:00 AM MST  

  • I will have to actually see RENT before I can decide what character I am. I know, how about you guys who know me, tell me which character I'm most like? Whaddaya think?

    Oh and I vote for Half Naked Tuesdays but I'll take Tunes for Tuesdays.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Nov 15, 09:15:00 AM MST  

  • Except for my less than superior skills on the pickle drum, I guess I am ANGEL. (Except for the whole "dying" thing.)

    Corrrect me if I am wrong, but now you do not have to wait a week to see RENT.
    How does 36 hours sound?

    Today for you,
    Tomorrow for me.

    Seville

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Tue Nov 15, 11:17:00 AM MST  

  • BABS IS THE BEST... Details tomorrow.

    Jay... Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out who you are most like. After seeing you "in action" and "on the prowl" I can see a little bit of Mimi in you. ;-)

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Tue Nov 15, 01:29:00 PM MST  

  • OMG I just watched the video of that lady. It's sad really. All I was thinking was that those children, especially the youngest one (she looked terrified) should be taken my CPS while that woman goes for phsychiatric evalutation...seriously.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Nov 15, 05:11:00 PM MST  

  • I want to be Collins or Roger..but all the Which Rent Character are You? quizes keep saying I'm Joanne =-\

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Nov 15, 05:36:00 PM MST  

  • Ted...I am telling you this from experience....don't get romantically/sexually involved with your team mates...nothing but disasterous...beleive me, I have been there before, causes nothing but trouble.You got to just think of them as brothers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 15, 10:52:00 PM MST  

  • I took two different "Which character are you?" tests. The first said I was Mimi. (Huh?) The second one said Mark. I also took a "Which musical are you?" test. I was a combination of Wicked/Rent.

    In case you haven't guesses, I'm not doing much at work today.

    - Buddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Nov 16, 11:22:00 AM MST  

  • Dear God that woman is a lunatic. I just watched the clip, the horror on her family's faces was almost to much to watch. I've never seen someone utter such a bunch of ridiculous jibberish.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Wed Nov 16, 09:02:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home