Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, October 24, 2005

Do It for the Kids


Posted by Picasa
What a weekend.

Friday afternoon, Neil Giuliano took me out to lunch. He's in town for the weekend. Now that he's the head honcho for GLAAD, he lives partly in LA and NY. He likes to say that he's bicoastal. But the way he says it implies something entirely different. ;-)

Friday I went home, showered and then drove up to Steve's. We got pizza and beer at Red Devil Pizza. It was good shiznit. We ate and talked and had a good time. Then we headed over to a house party (much to my dismay Kid N Play did NOT make an appearance).

The party was being thrown for two guys celebrating birthdays. I didn't know either people. In fact, I only knew Steve and casually knew one or two other people. I told Steve that I hadn't been to a non-rugby party in so long that it felt weird (especially knowing the rugby boys were having a game night). But half an hour later, our hooker, Gary, showed up. So, I felt a little better after that.

The party was interesting. Two people accused me of being straight. And one guy accused me of wearing my Velvet Revolver shirt because it was trendy and not because I was a fan. Then another guy told me he was disappointed in Velvet Revolver's CD. I was getting a little annoyed at this uncultured group of people. ;-)

After the party, Gary, Greg, Steve and I headed over to Charlie's for a bit. A fight broke out less than a foot away from me. Some guy got punched and blood squirted all over the pool table. Finally I took Steve home and crashed.

Saturday night Kevin and I went to Amsterdam for Neil's birthday bash. I can't stand going to Amsterdam. I always feel terribly uncomfortable there. It's full of pretentious guys who stand and model the latest fashions. I usually try to dress down as much as possible when I go there just to make a statement.

As I was on my to Amsterdam Steve text messaged me that he was all "homoed up" -- he had gone shopping and bought nice homo clothes--button down shirt and nice pants and shoes. I text messaged him back that I was going to make fun of him when I saw him, but he looked so damned attractive I couldn't. *sigh*

Kevin and I stayed for about an hour and half which is 90 minutes too long for me. I wanted to go to Charlie's because the rugby boys text messaged me that they were there but Kevin hates Charlie's. We drove to Roscoes but there were only 8 people in there, so we called it an early night.
Sunday I drove over to Tony's house. Tony has season tickets to the Cardinals games and he always takes me to one. It's fun, but good Lord it's fucking hot. It was 90 degrees and the sun just beats down on you.

After the game, I came home, showered, ate and ran over to this creepy bar called Nu Towne for rugby recruiting night. The beauty of Nu Towne is they have $1 draft Bud Lights for Sunday beer bust. Yeah me! Boo my poor liver.

Jeffy came which made the evening much more fun. He cracks me up with his observations.

Since the point of us going to Nu Towne was to recruit guys, Jeff kept pointing out guys we should approach. Two princesses with faux muscles came barreling into the bar. I asked them if they wanted to play rugby but they said they didn't want to get hurt. What's the point of having muscles if you don't use them besides lifting weights and looking ridiculous in too tight t-shirts?

Jason Adonis called while I was there and ended up showing up. One of my teammates was working Jason Adonis pretty hard. I was pissed for about 60 seconds and then it became comical. I had no reason to be pissed. JA and I are not in a relationship and honestly I like someone else right now.

So JA told me to follow him home and yadda yadda yadda, I got home 3 hours later.

So, that was my weekend. I have two goals to accomplish this week.
1)Drink less beer.
2)I'd also like to develop a switch for my emotions. I've got a stupid crush on someone and it's not going away. It's VERY frustrating. So, I'd like to just switch it off, be friends with him and be happy with that. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Since I got so much shit for my VR shirt, I figured I'd stream one of their songs. This is one of my favorites. It's called Do It for the Kids. Lyrics for the curious are here.

7 Comments:

  • Damn u have exiting weekends. My life pales in comparison. I so want to be you hey :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Mon Oct 24, 03:52:00 AM MST  

  • Wow what a weekend! Seeing you on Sunday night at NuTowne I felt like I haven't seen ya in weeks! Tell me later who was hitting on JA. Betcha 10 bucks I already know who it is hehehehe.

    I can tell you're getting pretty smitten by this guy. Don't worry about things so much. I just kinda go with the flow and let things happen and not worry about them to much. Yeah, sometimes that gets me in trouble but overall, it works pretty well. Maybe you can help him come around. I know that's the wrong kind of thinking but meeting the right person and going a little further with it can motivate you to do amazing things (I'm talking about the other guy, not you). Give him a chance, cause he seems like a good person, you obviously like him alot and you deserve it, of course.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Mon Oct 24, 09:36:00 AM MST  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Mon Oct 24, 04:01:00 PM MST  

  • are you breaking your dating rules??? sounds like you had a very social week-end!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Mon Oct 24, 06:45:00 PM MST  

  • The rugby sounds fascinating, albeit messy and all too physical. I'm an indoors sort of fellow myself....well, not completely, but there are no contact sports in my repetoire....and of course the fact that I would even use the word "repetoire" when discussing rugby demonstrates 'tis not my game. Diversity and all that....

    Nonetheless, an interesting weekend.

    By Blogger AvR, At Tue Oct 25, 12:11:00 PM MST  

  • I despise having a crush on someone. That's why they call it a crush, I guess (I'm quoting Samantha Baker's father in Sixteen Candles). We need a picture of Jason Adonis!!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Wed Oct 26, 05:36:00 PM MST  

  • Hello VeryApeAZ, this is an exciting blog here!

    You may like to checkout relationship advice site/blog.

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship advice - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com stuff.

    Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

    Go on a Date : Especially for married couples, but even for some dating couples, start dating.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Nov 14, 08:34:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home