Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Today for You -- Tomorrow for Me


How was YOUR Weekend? Posted by Picasa

I had another "one of those" weekends. I don't expect you to read all of this--it's fucking long. I'm just typing it out because I have to get it out. But don't forget to scroll down to the end to hear Part II of the funny church tapes.

Friday night a whole slew of us (Ryan and Amanda, Mark, Jay and Jeffy) went to see Saw II. It was much better than what the critics said. Everyone in our group liked it, despite it being horrific and gory at times. There were a couple of times I had to look down. Come to think of it,

I'm not sure what was more disturbing--the graphic images or the fact that Jay giggled like a little girl during some horrific moments. I'm sorry Jay... but watching a guy dig out his eye with a scalpel to get a key surgically implanted is NOT funny.

After the movie, Jeffy hooked me up with some extra strength Tylenol to help ease my aches and pains.

Saturday's a rugby day.

I got up, ate breakfast, drank some coffee and relaxed until game time. We were playing the Tempe Old Devils. I can assure you there was nothing old about their backs. They were all under the age of 25 and as fleet footed as Mercury. It was a bit of a disappointing game for me personally. Within the first 10 minutes, I managed to aggravate a groin strain and stripped about one inch of skin off the underside of one of my toes.

I was in excruciating pain (do you know what it feels like when bare flesh rubs up against socks while wearing cleats?) and could barely run until half time. Jay was kind enough to help bandage up my toe. But then he decided to play Saw II and rubbed an alcohol pad on on my cut knee that was dripping blood. OUCH!!!

We kinda got clobbered. We only had two substitutes and the Old Devils kept putting in fresh bodies. And due to the fact that I had no lateral movement, I blew about 300 defensive tackles. So Coach switched me from fullback to inside center, which was a little better. But it was so frustrating not being able to move well and to be in pain from my stupid toe. Oh well.

At the drinkup a bunch of guys said they were going to the Halloween Costume Party at BS West. I wasn't going to go, but thought it would be fun if a bunch of us were going. I called Jeffy on my way home and told him we were going.

So, I cleaned up and and watched horror flicks until Jeffy came over. He mixed up some KICKASS Blue Margaritas. They were super yummy. Strong but tasty. I threw on my Russian uniform and out the door we flew.

When we got to BS there was a huge line out the door. I thought we wouldn't have to wait in line since we had purchased our tickets online. I was wrong (we were supposed to wait) but ended up cutting in towards the front anyway. Jeff came up and said, "Um. Did we just cut in line cuz those angels are giving us dirty looks?" I told Jeff to just look straight ahead and pretty nothing happened.

The party was fun. There were a lot of fun costumes and they had a huge stage. The show was arecreation of Solid Gold. Unfortunately, they forgot that all of the guests on Solid Gold lip-synched. Some of the talent decided to sing live. SG was one of my all time favorite shows when I was a kid. Chelsea was my favorite dancer and Marilyn McCoo was my favorite host.

Steve and his friends were there, so we hung out with them all night. For some reason all of the rugby guys NEVER SHOWED.

I ran into a bunch of people I hadn't seen in years, which is always fun.

But then things got a little weird. A friend who will remain nameless text messaged me saying he wanted "to go home" with me.

Then Steve and I had a little discussion. But first let me back up to Thursday...
Thursday I decided to ask Steve out on a date. He said he wanted to but he'd have to think about it because he knew I didn't want to date anyone who wasn't out of the closet, etc. He then told me we'd talk about it that weekend.

So, towards the end of the evening, I asked him what his answer was. He kind of stuttered and stumbled. So I cut him off and said, "Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. We'll be friends and I'm totally okay with that." Of course, I was a little hurt because I really like him a lot. But it's not the end of the world. And I really do want to be friends--more would have been nice but just friends is good too! :-)

So we all hung out some more. Then Jeff and I decided to find my friend Charles. Plus, I needed to get away. Five minutes later Steve calls me on my cell phone and tells me to meet him in the middle of the lot. So I did. Then he proceeded to tell me that he wished I had said something earlier and that he was a simple person and he couldn't date two people at once.

WHA-WHA-WHAAT???

Umm, we've been hanging out for over a month and he's never mentioned a boyfriend.

So, I apologized and said I would have never asked him out if I had known he was seeing someone. Then he grabbed me and kissed me. I kissed him back (of course). And then I grabbed Jeff and we high-tailed it outta there.

We didn't make it to the car before Steve called again and asked to meet him real quick. Yadda yadda yadda, made out some more, he and his friends said I could go home with them, I said no, end of story. I think the most bizarre part of this dramaturgy is that he said I intimidated him. Well, I think I'm a pretty unassuming guy--I mean, I voice my opinions on stuff but I'm pretty laid back. Maybe I see myself incorrectly.

There's more to the weekend, but this post is already too long.

Here's the next audio installment of funny church recordings. This is pretty damned funny. Imagine taking your 6 year old child to church and hearing this. It's called Preacher. One of the best lines in it is: Your butt ain't made for that!

6 Comments:

  • "it takes a screw AND a nut!!!"

    No truer words have ever been spoken.

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Oct 31, 12:45:00 AM MST  

  • butt wait!!! What happened to the rugby guys?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Oct 31, 06:26:00 AM MST  

  • This rugby guy did his first swim with the Sunfish and this was after a couple beers and then participating in a boat race (beer guzzling contest) right before. I went to a friends party afterwards and that's as far as I got.

    Sounds like you had a great weekend Tedski. Sorry about the boy stuff, but going by rule #4, probably for the best. See ya tonight and hope your toe is ok for tennis tomorrow.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Mon Oct 31, 09:44:00 AM MST  

  • Yours and Jay's injuries tell me that I will never be playing rugby. But it sounds like a lot of fun otherwise... Anyway... sorry to hear about the boy. I don't like when people lead you on; which I look at the same as dating two people at once. Some people disagree, but that is how I feel.

    Hopefully someone cuter will come along and take your mind right off of him!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 01, 09:54:00 PM MST  

  • Well that sucks about Steve...but at least you know he's attracted to you! It's worse when you're "just not my type." Your injury gave me the shivers. I hate foot injuries.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Wed Nov 02, 05:33:00 PM MST  

  • I think I would be content to watch you play rugby, but would never be enticed to participate. First of all....you only have to look at me to know that contact sports were never my forte....and then of course, seconding your other readers, the idea of skin being ripped off of my feet makes me want to scream. I loved both of the Saw movies for the reason that when they were over, I felt genuinely uncomfortable, queesy even, which in my mind is the mark of an EXCELLENT gore film. Good times!

    By Blogger AvR, At Sun Nov 06, 11:01:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home