Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You know you're old when...


Hailey and Me - New Year's 2005
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
In my last post, I noted that I felt old because I could say that I had an old army buddy.

But this picture tops even that. It's a picture of me and my GREATniece. That's correct! My niece has a niece. It's frightening!

But little Hailey is so freaking adorable. You can't tell in this picture but at the time she looked like Sponge Bob Square Pants because she had two front teeth like him.

I love babies. I want one. Why won't Angelina Jolie return my phone calls asking her to have my baby?

This post is nonsensical but I've taken my 4th hit of cough syrup with codeine and I'm still coughing! But at least I'm a little woozy.

Plus, I needed an excuse to show the world my cute little greatniece.

4 Comments:

  • I don't have a greatniece, yet. I only have my little niece "MadDog". She's the prettiest little princess in the world but boy does she have control issues. At 4 years old she can outwit, outtalk, and just beat into submission anyone who doesn't share her world view. She scares me a little. I try to stay on her good side.

    And you're right babies are great. If it wasn't for the exorbitant prices they're asking on the black market I'd probably have one of my own.

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu May 12, 11:38:00 AM MST  

  • you are getting old, you should find a nice guy and settle down...have you met any nice guys in the last month?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri May 13, 10:31:00 AM MST  

  • Babies are cute, in general, I just kind of get bored with them after a while. I mean, after the initial social pleasantries, what can you really talk to them about?

    I always run out of things to say around babies, and then I get all nervous and self-conscious. Then they sense this, and begin to cry. Babies *detest* me.

    By Blogger PJS, At Fri May 13, 10:48:00 AM MST  

  • Lots of people and things detest PJS.
    But I have come here to write about you, VAA!

    I think it is cute how you tried to make it look like you were down there, playing with the baby. We (who know you) know that she toddled down there to see why Uncle VeryApeAz was passed out in the cat's food dish.

    I love babies, too. Especially little white ones. They are worth 150 G's if the eyes stay blue!

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Fri May 13, 11:07:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home