Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, April 29, 2005

SWGM seeking...


Personals
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
Deciding that I'll never meet anyone I want to date at a bar -- although I've met some cool friends -- I've turned to the Internet.

Last week, I met with three people that were appealing to me. I only had a "spark" with one of the guys, but his work schedule (he works in Zurich every 3 weeks) and mine (I have 300 jobs) kind of conflicted.

The other two were cool, one of which I'm going to start playing tennis with regularly because he's fucking amazing.

Anyway... I love to read people's online profiles more than I like to talk to them. I think someone should do a study on them.

Why will people post an image of their penis (erect, flaccid, someone else's entering their mouth and/or ass/both at the same time), their asshole, their chest, etc. but don't post a picture of their face?

Granted I wouldn't show my face if I posted similar pictures. But even if I was going online to hook up, I don't care what kind of body you have or what your penis looks like. If you look like Randy Quaid or Quasimodo, it's just not going to happen.

What does monogomously coupled, but play together mean? If you are in a monogomous relationship, then you don't sleep with other people. It's really quite simple. Of course, monogomously coupled sounds much better than, "we're both big whores."

What's the obsession with age? Most people 30 and over either omit that portion or they just lie. Granted, when I'm in a bar, I say I'm 26. But I have the fake ID to prove it.

Another thing with age. Why do I only get hit on by 18 - 24 year old kids? What could we possibly have in common? I hate MTV, current pop culture and I don't say aight -- and I refuse to spell it (except here). I also don't normally say 'sup or "wha' a happen was."

I'm also not interested in someone 45 and older--yet they flock to me like angry pigeons to Wonder Bread. I don't want to be your son or your daddy.

Now, I've had some awesome conversations with said groups. But honestly, anything more than a plus or minus ten-year age radius is just too much.

Hmmm. what else is annoying? I hate when someone comments that they like something I've posted in my profile (like sports or rock music), yet is very vague when questioned about said subject. I don't care if you don't know that a grand slam is more than a dish at Denny's. Or that Audioslave is a kickass group -- not a line of fetish wear. I just put it up there, in case someone who has similar interests wants to talk about it. Don't lie and say you love Pearl Jam but don't know any of their records besides Ten.

This entry could be really long.... I'll save the rest for later.

5 Comments:

  • As someone who's tried online personals off- and on- for DECADES... (planetout.com, yahoo personals, match.com, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera) my experiences have run the gamut.

    My favorite is people who don't post a photo at all. I mean, what YEAR is this? The technology is certainly available, if you don't have the software capabilities at home, you can always scan an old-fashioned paper photo at Kinko's. I've had people say "I don't want my picture out there on the internet", as if they're some kind of superfamous VIP whose privacy would be compromised by a one-inch JPEG file of their face.

    Then you get the people who "have a photo available for email if you want one". IF I WANT ONE? Yeesh. And then of course you've already started emailing with the person, developing a rapport, and then if they email you a photo and there's zero attraction, you're a jerk.

    It's all so complicated. And don't even get me STARTED on all the things that can go wrong after you actually MEET these people.

    How fun, now I sound both superficial and negative. Oops.

    By Blogger PJS, At Fri Apr 29, 02:02:00 PM MST  

  • The worst is when they send you a great head shot and forget to mention the wooden leg. If I had a nickel for every time thats happened.....

    But seriously, dating options are pretty slim ever since those gay, Christian singles mixers went out of vogue. What are your options? And don't say gay bowling league......

    Meeting someone through the internet is a definitely a gamble. P is right about the issues of meeting people and dealing with the DRAMA after. But I can honestly say I have met some cool people this way. One of whom I've been friends with for over ten years.

    By Blogger potusol, At Fri Apr 29, 02:18:00 PM MST  

  • I went about meeting people on the internet all the wrong way and of course it backfired in my face. I was a late bloomer to this whole thing (only in past year). I found myself providing too much info to people who aren't worthy and have no prob dishing your dirt....and not giving enough attention to real people with real profiles. I seemed to believe that all those head shots were real. I am naive and socially retarded....but I think I've figured it out. I have never gone on a date with someone I've met online.....mainly cuz I've never met anyone, local....period....LOL....anyways....i know this is an old entry....but I'm catching up on all your great writing.

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Fri Jan 06, 11:57:00 PM MST  

  • I agree with all your points. That being said, I met my husband online ;)

    By Blogger Robguy, At Sun Jul 02, 09:45:00 PM MST  

  • It wasn't till I clicked on the link ya gave me that I remembered this entry.....Thank God I didn't lie about anything....or else I'd be like one of the people u described in your story....ya know whad I mean yo? LOL

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Tue Jul 04, 03:49:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home