Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I was made for dancing....


Leifteen
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
all, all, all all night long.

One of my favorite Wonder Woman episodes was the one with Leif Garrett. It was one of the "contemporary" Wonder Womans... I never liked the episodes set in the 1940s.

Anyway--Leif is a *gasp* teen rock star and is kidnapped and replaced by an evil twin brother (not unlike several episodes of Young and the Restless, Days of Our Lives, Guiding Light, etc).

During the episode they play one of his hit songs--I was made for dancing. Over and over and over and over and over again.

Which brings me to the point of this entry.... I'm addicted to Dance Dance Revolution.

It's a videogame played in arcades by stupidly talented kids who can dance.

It's also played by dumbass geeks with no rhythm in the comfort of their own home.

The game is played by placing your feet on an up, down, left and right arrow at the precise moment the arrow hits the top of the screen.

Sounds simple right? It's not--in fact, it's insanely difficult. Because, there are half-steps and often you have to hit two arrows simultaneously. I swear to God, sometimes it feels like you have to have 10 feet to score well.

I'm so bad and embarrassed by my ability, that I close the door in my gaming room--even if my roommate is not home. In fact, I won't even let my cats watch.

But I still like it. :-)

And everytime I play--I hear Leif Garrett's song playing in the back of my head.

DDR Screen

3 Comments:

  • DDR is definitely a behind closed doors thing (secret shame).

    My first PlayStation game was Parappa the Rapper. All day long I'd be singing about Chop Chop Master Onion and then I'd drive singing "step on the brake, step on the gas". It was horrible and the worst part was being judged on your performance. Of course it was in the most polite Japanese way of saying you suck, but still.

    Parappa the Rapper

    By Blogger potusol, At Wed Apr 27, 05:23:00 PM MST  

  • p.s. I'm not so sure I like being known as the guy with a big car, I also drive a small truck

    By Blogger potusol, At Wed Apr 27, 05:26:00 PM MST  

  • HEY!!! How funny... I fairly recently had my first night of being bitten by the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION bug!

    SEE THIS ENTRY

    Have you played the dance one where you are on camera and your moving arms interact with the TV?

    WHAT A HOOT!

    Troy

    By Blogger CocteauBoy, At Wed Apr 27, 07:47:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home