Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Don't Mess With Texas


Big Stick
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
Short post as I'm in San "there's no basement at the Alamo" Antonio.

Went to Six Flags yesterday. Guess who went with me? Every single Christian high school, school band and choir in the state of Texas. The kids are all very polite but they wear these horribly creepy t-shirts. Some of the shirts are close-ups of Jesus' face, distorted in pain or expressing sorrow at how miserable we are as human beings.

I just pushed the kids out my way as I raced to get in line for Superman: The Rollercoaster.

5 Comments:

  • Right outside my office in Houston was this HUGE billboard with the scariest picture of Jesus. He had this crazy smile on his face and blood dripping from everywhere. The sign read "Who Loves You Man?" and it was for a Baptist youth group at one of the big churches in town.

    I don't regret moving from Texas one bit.

    By Blogger potusol, At Sun May 08, 11:24:00 AM MST  

  • Joan Crawford was born in San Antonio.

    Just FYI.

    By Blogger PJS, At Sun May 08, 01:15:00 PM MST  

  • Out of curiousity - how does everyone know what Jesus looked like?

    By Blogger JanetsJourney.com, At Sun May 08, 08:11:00 PM MST  

  • SquareSlant - I don't know about everybody else, but The Mormons taught me what Jesus looked like. You see, even though he was a middle-easterner, he had light-brown (almost blonde) hair, and blue eyes, just like we goodly Anglo-Saxons.

    The Mormons taught us lots of other things too... (I feel a blog post coming on...)

    By Blogger PJS, At Mon May 09, 05:50:00 AM MST  

  • How funny. The Catholics taught me he looked the same. Maybe they were in cohoots with the Mormons. However, since The Catholic Church is the TRUE church, I'm sure the Mormons just copied us.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Tue May 10, 10:13:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home