Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This shit is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S


bananas
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I was in San Antonio, deathly ill for the past 7 days visiting an old army buddy (you know you're old when you have old army buddies).

San Antonio apparently only has 5 radio stations. ALL of them are owned by Clear Channel. This means I got to hear Gwen Stefani no less than 4 times a day. For the most part, they played Hollaback Girl. I had to look up Hollaback Girl at urbandictionary.com.

So now, I've got this stupid chant in my head--"Let me hear you say this shit is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S (This shit is bananas) (B-A-N-A-N-A-S) A few times I'€™ve been around that track. So it'€™s not just gonna to happen like that. Because I ain'€™t no HOLLABACK GIRL. I ain'€™t no HOLLABACK GIRL."

So.... I flew in this morning at 6am, went home and showered and drove to work. I cranked up some Velvet Revolver to purge myself of Ms. Rossdale's cheering.

It hasn't worked. Right now as I write this, I'm listening to Bush--maybe her husband will help me rid my mind of her. If not, maybe my cough syrup with codeine will make it go away.

M*U*S*T S*T*O*P T*H*E C*H*A*N*T*I*N*G

1 Comments:

  • Well, thanks to too much caffeine and a long nap this afternoon I spent WAY too much time going through urbandictionary.com and I now know things I probably would have been better off without.

    i.e. taberknackle, JOAFA, ladidoupbop and wackulous

    By Blogger potusol, At Wed May 11, 12:45:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home