Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, May 27, 2005

The hung and the breastless


joshua
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
My boss got me hooked on The Young and the Restless. He turns it on every day at 11am and for one hour, time stops in our office.

There is no way avoiding the show. Our office is tiny. My chair is less than 18 inches from Buddy's desk and less than 6 feet from the TV.

So... it's not like I can pretend I don't hear the TV.

At first, it was no big deal. But then I started making comments over the cheesy dialogue and improbable situations.

Slowly, but surely I could tell who was who and how they were related (apparently there is one family--The Newmans--and that's about it...they're all related). I used to refer to one of the characters as the little girl. As soon as I figured out her name was Cassie-she died. That's the problem with soaps... they're always killing off people as soon as you get to know them.

Now I find myself look at the clock anxiously and bark at Buddy to flip on the TV, if he forgets or worse--is actually engrossed in work.

This isn't my first foray into the land of soapdom. When I was a young tot, my sisters watched General Hospital--Luke and Laura era. Then I got addicted to Days of Our Lives. I actually took off from school in the 8th grade to watch Bo and Hope's wedding (my mother was quite progressive). And when i got older it was Knott's Landing (i had my mom tape it while i was stationed in germany and mail me the tapes).

My last addiction was Melrose Place. I LOVED that show. I was in a deep, dark depression when it went off the air. My boyfriend at the time was so sweet. He bid on Jake's saddle bags (for his motorcycle) on eBay and won them for me. The bags are displayed in my room and will hopefully be used when I get a motorcycle.

So..I gotta end this because my boyfriend (pictured above) is crying over Cassie's death. I need to console him now.

2 Comments:

  • I liked One Life To Live. Especially when Vicky went on the spaceship to Heaven and then found the underground city of Eterna and turned into her split personality Nicky. Vicky had REAL issues. I could not make this up, well maybe.

    By Blogger potusol, At Sat May 28, 11:34:00 PM MST  

  • Your boyfriend is being a real ASS on the show right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Jun 04, 08:11:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home