Diary of a Sane Man

Saturday, July 29, 2006

There's a New Girl in Town

While the world is enamored with YouTube, I'm stuck on AOL Television. Although you can find some cool stuff on YouTube, the quality isn't always the best. And you have to wade through weird Jackass-style stunts.

AOL Television has a bunch of old TV shows, like Animaniacs, Chico and The Man, Eight is Enough and Alice! It was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I watched an episode today and laughed my ass off. Some shows don't stand up to the test of time. But this one is still funny. Flo cracks me up.

Did you know that there were NINE different versions of the theme song? I didn't. I knew there were a couple of different ones--I sang them before each show. Seasons 6-9, hands down, had the best version.

AOL Television also has TV Karaoke. It plays the opening of shows with the words so you can sing along. It's awesome!

I actually have a connection to the TV show. When I worked at Skyview Satellite Networks I used to work with Tom Tayback. Tom is Vic Tayback's (Mel) brother. Tom owns a radio station in Sedona.

And just like Alice, I thought I'd be in Phoenix for a short while. But things worked so I stayed awhile. ba ba bum bum bummmm

6 Comments:

  • Well....after reading this story....I had to google on over to the site....and u r right....the quality is crystal clear....too bad they don't have music videos, yet (at least I didn't see em!).....I can't wait till u can go to a site like this and watch current shows in real-time as if I had my T.V. on....At any rate....I've never watched "Alice" growing up....so I think I'll catch up on the episodes.....I feel like my first love, John.....who grew up in Japan & France.....When he first moved to the U.S....we'd stay up late at nite watching Nickelodeon....he'd laugh at reruns of old sitcoms....episodes of which I'd seen many, many times before....but it was all new to him....Anyways....I digress.

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Sun Jul 30, 09:14:00 AM MST  

  • I used to love Alice! We use to torture this girl in my class and call her Vera because she was so dingy! Me and my brother used to love to say "Kiss my Grits" and annoy my parents!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Sun Jul 30, 09:01:00 PM MST  

  • Damn! unfortunately AOL hates MACs too.

    By Blogger AveBeno, At Sun Jul 30, 10:20:00 PM MST  

  • I so loved Alice as a kid...AND Chico and the man (I had a Della Reese fascination).

    By Blogger The Persian, At Thu Aug 03, 03:30:00 PM MST  

  • I canĀ“t believe you just mentioned ANIMANIACS!

    I used to watch them everyday and I thhought they were all forgotten!

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Sun Aug 06, 07:58:00 AM MST  

  • So glad ya joined up :)

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Sun Aug 06, 09:40:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home