Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Can't Drive 55


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As I was driving to bowling Monday I was blinded by three quick flashes of light in my face. I got nabbed by one of those damned cameras setup by the Nazis--I mean police. I either ran a red light or I was speeding. Probably both.

I was REALLY pissed for about two or three minutes. But by the time I got to the bowling alley, I stopped being mad. I figured that since I speed all of the time it was only a matter of time before I got caught. This means that I'll have to go to traffic school to get it erased from my record. Which is just a waste of eight hours of my life. My driving habits will not change because of an eight hour class. Despite, my need for speed I'm not reckless. I just find it ridiculous to go the speed limit. I hate going slow.

This transcends into other aspects of my life. Friday, when Joe and I climbed Piestawa nee Squaw Peak, I had a hard time maintaining a slow pace. I much prefer to race ahead and wait. Race ahead and wait.

I told Joe that it must be a backs versus forwards thing. Backs like to be speedy in short distances. Forwards, move slower, but can handle sustained runs for longer. It's kind of like the tortoise versus the hare thing. Maybe not.

When I got home from bowling on Monday night, I discovered the upstairs aquarium's lights were out. Not completely, one half of one bulb remains lit. So my poor fish are stuck in twilight all day. So, I had to order new ballasts, wires and endcaps. Saturday afternoon/evening I'm going to be bent over a four foot lighting set for hours. My back hurts just thinking about it.

11 Comments:

  • "Bent Over" =-) I'm dirty.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Thu Jul 20, 11:52:00 AM MST  

  • You hiked the Squaw Peak in July? Now way....that's a Fall, Winter, Spring thing for me. I give you credit. Got to love Photo Radar...another money maker for the Scottsdale Conservative Government.

    By Blogger Ed, At Thu Jul 20, 01:31:00 PM MST  

  • I must be dirty too, when I read Backs vs Forwards I wondered if it was a new way to describe sexual positions (top/bottom, left/right, back/forward), then I realized it was probably a sports reference.

    By Blogger Robguy, At Thu Jul 20, 01:31:00 PM MST  

  • ...and I got two! Damn! I need me some 'spy covers'...so pick me up some if you go there!

    Phill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jul 20, 04:56:00 PM MST  

  • Don't forget they have to find you first.

    : )

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu Jul 20, 11:03:00 PM MST  

  • About a decade ago....i got 3 speeding tickets in one week....all at the same exact location.....talk about stupidness!!! And I had to go to driving school.....to get rid of 12 points!!! Boy it was a waste of time....and I felt so out of place cuz most of the peeps there were alcoholics....for DWI's....Have a great weekend.

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Fri Jul 21, 01:41:00 AM MST  

  • I can only talk myself into breaking one or two laws so when I look in my rear-view mirror and see a few dozen vehicles lined up behind me, I think about how irritated I get when I have to sit through another public service announcement urging me to stop smoking pot and I laugh. You only save yourself a few short minutes anyway; it's not worth the ticket.

    By Blogger Dwayne, At Fri Jul 21, 06:32:00 PM MST  

  • I had the lights flash at me when I went through 19th Ave & Northern, I thought I made a legal turn, but *Flash* they got me... but nothing happened. I'm always wary of that intersection, but there was no ticket - nothing.

    By Blogger AveBeno, At Fri Jul 21, 10:57:00 PM MST  

  • "I just find it ridiculous to go the speed limit. I hate going slow."

    That made me laugh for some reason, I have the worst luck with cops, no matter what speed I am going, they ALWAYS pull me over. Maybe I look suspicious, then again it could be the VODKA plates on my car.. :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Mon Jul 24, 09:11:00 AM MST  

  • For Dog's sake, slow down, Teddy. You are transporting precious cargo.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Mon Jul 24, 06:10:00 PM MST  

  • Oh photo radar. Yawn. A citizen still must be served a ticket. Only those who don't know better mail in their fine or appear in court. Ignore the ticket. There is no proof you ever received a ticket in the mail. Once the date passes they "may" send someone out to "serve" you. If they get that far fine. 8 of 10 times they don't (too many to serve). This advice is from a lawyer. You have the right to be served by an officer. They can't get around this unless they change our constitution. They rely on citizen's ignorance of the law to voluntarily send in a fine and have your insurance go through the roof. If you don't believe me, ask a lawyer.

    Ignore any tickets. Only respond to summons they can prove you've received (certified mail, personal service, etc). You most likely won't need to waste eight hours in class.
    --
    Jay, you must fight the system, don't lay down and obey like a dog, Jay

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Jul 25, 12:24:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home