Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This is Gonna Hurt Me More Than You

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingRemember when you were a little kid and your dad would say that before beating the shit out of you? OK. Mine didn't beat the shit out of me but I got spankings as a kid (now I LOVE them as an adult, but that's for another time) j/k.
;-)

Anywho, SJ had his hernia operated on Monday morning. The people at the hospital were just amazingly nice. Even the doctor was cordial. It sounds odd, but he was so damned cute after his surgery in his little hospital gown and his hair ruffled. He was a bit whacked out from the drugs and making funny remarks. He talked non-stop as I drove him from the hospital, mostly repeating himself. Finally, I said, "Honey, why don't you lay back and close your eyes and rest."

He said, "Sorry." ZZZZZZ.

I won't recount the past couple of days, because Joe has on his blog. But I think the pain of the surgery was a great surprise to him--and me too. Although hernia surgery is routine, the pain experienced is not. I've had to slowly help him to the bathroom and back. Each step was excruciating for him. On more than one occasion he actually cried out in pain. It's absolutely heartbreaking to hear that from someone you love. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Today he's feeling better and has managed to stand up by himself. I'm sure tomorrow will be better and by Saturday night, he'll be well enough to go to the Rugby Awards Banquet.

Seeing him sick and hurt has made me appreciate him more and more. I love him very much.

Since I wasn't able to do my Tunesday post, here's a little video. It kind of makes me think of the past couple of days.


4 Comments:

  • =-)
    I love you too.

    The visual stimulation you provided during the past couple of days is better than what any doctor can ever prescribe. You're so beautiful!

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Wed Jun 21, 04:26:00 PM MST  

  • dayum.....joe u r one sexy mofro in scrubs!!!! :)

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Wed Jun 21, 05:27:00 PM MST  

  • Well....I just got around to listening to the video....and it's a pretty song....and as usual....I've never heard it before LOL

    Thanks for sharing it!

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Sun Jun 25, 10:50:00 PM MST  

  • my dad used to say that too! BS DAD!

    As for hearing your love cry out in pain; that is probably worse than being hurt yourself. My man had surgery, and he went through the same things, it was hard to watch. But then he would annoy the shit out of me, and I wouldn't feel as bad... I would focus on not being mean!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Jun 28, 12:13:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home