Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tagged -- You're It

My good friend, Ted "Hey Hooker!" McCarthy sent me this. It's a MySpace thing , but I'm migrating it here and making it a Blogspot thing.

So the rules are, once you've been tagged you have to write a blog with 6 weird things/habits about yourself. In the end you need to list 6 other people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment saying "You've been tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog...

6 fucked up things about me:

1) I'm a man of contradictions. I can have two (or three or four) opposing views on the same subject simultaneously. If I don't have a firm opinion on a subject, then I'll see many different perspectives. So, it can be maddening debating with me.

2) I don't take care of myself but I bitch at others when they're not taking care of themselves. I will overextend myself, get no sleep, have a bum ankle or bad back and continue to do everything that I do: work, lift, play tennis/rugby, etc. But if a friend has a sniffle, I'm screaming at them to stay home, rest and go to the doctor.

3) I love big hair bands and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love songs from groups like Extreme, Skid Row, Poison, Dio, White Lion, Whitesnake, etc...

4) I can be terribly selfish. On more than one occasion I've convinced a group of people to see the movie that I wanted to see, despite the fact that they were all in agreement to see something else. I love horror films and would much rather see a bad horror film then a decent drama or something. Once I made some friends see 8MM instead of Shakespeare in Love. 8MM turned out to be horrendous. I eventually saw Shakespeare in Love and was more offended by that then 8MM. I mean Best Picture over Saving Private Ryan? Please, it was a snorefest.

5) I started shaving my chest and legs in the summer to cool my body down. It works! At night during the summer after I shave I have to put on extra blankets! It looks ridiculous but what the hell do I care? I'm more comfortable.

6) I buy new clothes every two or three years and that's only grudgingly. I rely on my family and friends to get me clothes for Christmas or my birthday. I have over 100 t-shirts. That's the majority of my wardrobe. T-shirts. Some are even over 10 years old. Fortunately, concert t-shirts are back in style. Everybody loves my "vintage" Guns N Roses t-shirt, not realizing that it really IS vintage.

OK. My SIX VICTIMS ARE:
Sloppy Joey, Jen S., Jen M., Jeff, Marc, Jay
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • CURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (is that too many exclamation points?)

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu Mar 09, 01:06:00 AM MST  

  • Big Hair Bands? EHK!!

    I was so much more into groups like The Cure, Smiths, Violent Femmes, Sex Pistols, and Ramones at that time. I was the kid that "listens to that weird shit" in HS.

    Love the pic..:)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Thu Mar 09, 08:52:00 AM MST  

  • Ain't he cute!

    Is this like the lime thing where I can just take it out and say, "no"?

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Thu Mar 09, 10:03:00 AM MST  

  • I'm with you PG.

    Joey, no if I have ta you have ta.

    Ted: BITCH!

    By Blogger AZJay, At Thu Mar 09, 10:27:00 AM MST  

  • I don't why you're all complaining. This is a FUN!!!! exercise.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Thu Mar 09, 12:03:00 PM MST  

  • My goodness blogger is slow today....and geez I've been tagged....it might
    > > take me a bit to think of 6 things to limit myself with LOL....we have
    something in common with the TShirts.....I have siblings much older than
    myself and I got real good at manipulating my way to concerts at a very
    young age.....cuz of this I have Tshirt out the ass for the likes of Pink
    Floyd, The Police, The Who, AC/DC, and Boston....to name a few!
    Lastly I attempted to leave this on your blog....but for whatever
    reason....today.....the word verification would not show up...(it was x'ed
    out much like it was being blocked by a pop-up blocker....first time I've
    ever seen this!)..so I couldn't input this.....to finalize my message!!!!

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Thu Mar 09, 12:56:00 PM MST  

  • Michael sometimes shaves his legs, arms and chest, but there's no rhyme or reason to it. I think he starts with "manscaping" his chest and just gets carried away.

    By Blogger Jen, At Thu Mar 09, 02:06:00 PM MST  

  • Interesting. A gay man who doesn't like to shop! My ex was kinda that way too, I guess...Don't you hate manscaping? It takes forever...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Fri Mar 10, 04:57:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home