Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Could I Buy Some Healthy Air Please?


pollution
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
As my friend Ted McCarthy would say, "I'm not a complainer but.."

I've been sick for almost a week. I went to the doc, because I could have sworn I had strep throat. My throat is so flipping raw. It hurts to swallow and I've been popping ibuprofen every four hours, to no avail.

The doc said that it's not the flu and it's not strep. It's my allergies. Unfortunately, Phoenix is not conducive to my health. When I went to the allergist a few years ago he said, "You can take medicine or move but you'll always have problems living here."

Sometimes my allergies get so bad that I have problems breathing -- my chest feels really heavy. At first my allergist thought I might have asthma, but it's not that. It's just that I'm allergic to a lot of things that bloom here in the Valley.

When you add terrible pollution and the fact that we haven't had rain in 4 months to wash away the crap, it's a horrible combination. So I'm not supposed to go outside until I get better. Maybe I could borrow the bubble boy's equipment for rugby practice.

The only mitigating circumstance in all of this is I've got a sexy boyfriend who doesn't mind staying indoors with me. =-D

5 Comments:

  • get better bubbas, and hug up to that sexy boyfriend of yours.

    By Blogger DEREK, At Thu Feb 02, 05:17:00 PM MST  

  • You can always take a trip up to Massachusettes and hydrate yourself! We've had miserable rain all day.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Fri Feb 03, 01:29:00 PM MST  

  • You can come here for some wetness and cleaner air....but ya might get shot!....Still not online till the 8th....but I'll catch up with ya in Blogland soon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sun Feb 05, 11:49:00 AM MST  

  • I would *so* move. Being sick is the worst. I'm thirsty just thinking of how dry it must be there....

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Mon Feb 06, 05:12:00 PM MST  

  • Allergies are the DEVIL! I have always been plagued, and it seems that since I moved to ATL 5 years ago, it has progressively gotten worse.

    My doctor said the same thing, and actually had clients move because it was so bad. I just don't want to be on a continual drug, so i guess I am a glutton for punishment!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 07, 10:12:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home