Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Serendipitous


I'm still in Vegas and it's been a total blast.

But let me tell you some things I've learned in the four days:

I've learned that any money earned at the Wheel of Fortune machine and horse races are quickly erased at the Blackjack table.

I've learned that walking from the Luxor to the Stratosphere takes HOURS and that my feet will never recover.

I've learned that there is too much to see and do. There's so much more to LV than gambling.

I've learned that drinking a 40 of Smirnoff Ice and walking down the street is both refreshing and liberating.

I've learned that anyone afraid of heights (me) should not go on top of the Stratosphere and get on Big Shot; unless they want to scream like a little girl--I'm sure my screams are reaching the Space Station about now.

I've also learned that despite the fact that my father will turn 70 this year he's got insane speed and stamina when walking; he thinks that a 3-minute mile is slow.

Hanging with the family has been great and they all loved SJ, so it's sad that I leave tomorrow. I'll post more w/pix later.

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

I really loved the fountains at the Bellagio. During one of the most memorable moments of the trip, the fountains were choreographed to Your Song. And since Elton is now a Vegas fixture, I thought it was an appropriate song. But instead of using his version, I've got the Moulin Rouge version. I like it a lot. I didn't upload this myself, I'm borrowing someone else's link. So I hope it works.

Lyrics
Song

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home