Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Get Out of My Way!


roadrage
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I am taking three whole vacation days starting Friday. That means I have a lot to do in a little time. Fortunately, Buddy is doing most of the writing for this issue and just gave me a few little assignments.

But I also need to get my freelance stuff done before I leave Friday morning, because I don't own a laptop. I will have to use the hotel's business center as it is for a few tasks that need to be done Monday. I don't want to be stuck writing for hours while everyone else is watching Celine Dion.

Ok. Yes, I do.

I've also got a lot of errands to run. This means getting into my car and driving. This is not good. I get the worst cases of road rage ever. All it takes is ONE car driving the speed limit and my head starts to explode.

Did you ever see Madeline Kahn in Clue?
"Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths." Listen here.

Why are these people on the road if they can't drive ten over like the rest of us (20 over if the speed limit is 45 or below)? As the scholar Sammy Hagar once pontificated, I can't drive 55 (unless it's a school zone... then I'll slow down to 50--j/k).

I'm a relatively unflappable and mild-mannered kind of guy--except on the rugby pitch. And when I get behind the wheel of a car. Unless, I have a passenger--then I relax.

The problem is, I don't think it's fair that it should take 30 minutes to go 15 miles. Why can't any scientist figure out the whole teleportation thing? That way, we wouldn't be so dependent on oil. And the Arab nations could go back to doing what they do best--protecting our nation's harbors (whoops, that was editorializing on a completely different subject).

Anywho. I probably won't blog for a week. I'm going to try to prep everything for next Tunesday, so when I take care of my freelance stuff Monday night, I can quickly post.

I come back Tunesday night--that's Mardi Gras people. I'm expecting SJ to pick me up at the airport with a lot of beads in hand. :-P

7 Comments:

  • I'm glad you said directly what you wanted. I don't respond well to subtlety.
    I'll do the same. I want you to drop your pants and shake your grove thing when I say, "Hey big boy -and I mean BIG, what are you going to do to get these beads?"

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Wed Feb 22, 05:07:00 PM MST  

  • I musta been a stoner in another life.....cuz I feel like....I'm the only person who isn't bothered by other people's driving!!!! But anyways....I hope you have a great time.... :)

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Wed Feb 22, 05:46:00 PM MST  

  • It's too bad you don't know someone with a spare laptop you could borrow to take with you. Hmmmmm, I wonder who might have one of those?

    ; )

    By Blogger potusol, At Wed Feb 22, 11:46:00 PM MST  

  • Sorry...what time did that plane from LV arrive back here to PHX? We all gots to see the 'shake your groove thing' with cams and vid recorders ready!!! HEHE!!

    oh - and I have two travel laptops you can use anytime...they are just sitting here. Mind you its a 12"....apple. But then again it HAS the ol MS Word and Internet thingys too. Pick it up at the Board meeting if you want!

    coach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Feb 23, 09:02:00 AM MST  

  • Shhhhhh Jeff. Mine's brand-spanking new and although I trust Ted implicitly, I simply can't part with it for too long.

    Ted, I have a belated X-mas present for you. I forgot to bring it to practice last night. Have a BLAST in Vegas. The MB is a SCHWEET!!!!! Hotel, you'll love it.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Thu Feb 23, 10:03:00 AM MST  

  • Ha! Madeleine Khan...I used that clip as the intro to my 1st and only podcast.

    http://dryfreelean.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-first-cast.html

    Clue was such the awesome movie.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Fri Feb 24, 07:19:00 AM MST  

  • Woo hoo!! have fun!! And for the record; my road rage surpasses all... I am a bitch even when people are in the car. Makes me do a lot of apologizing for my shitty attitude; but NO ONE in atlanta can drive NO ONE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Feb 24, 09:58:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home