Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, February 20, 2006

Wise Men Say...

I had a really nice weekend. Friday, SJ and I joined the Echo crew for the opening night of OutFar! Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. It was hosted by our own Barbra Seville.

I like doing things like that. Working at Echo has given me the opportunity to do things I normally wouldn't do--like go to a gay film festival.

The first movie was a short called The D Word--a takeoff of The L Word. It sucked.

Then there was an intermission with some great food by Fez. The second movie, Adam and Steve was fucking hysterical. I laughed my ass off a lot. And it had Parker Posey in it. She is turning into one of my favorite actresses. I never saw her until Scream 3. She stole every scene she was in. And then I saw her in Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. She's just great.

I spent the night Friday and we got up and drank coffee and talked. I love when I get to do that with SJ. It's the best time. We half watch TV but mostly talk about anything and everything and drink coffee. It's like Coffee Talk, but sometimes funnier.

Saturday night we went to a party at his friend's house. We invented a new game. Every time the word "vegetarian" was said, we had to drink. That's because I heard the word "vegetarian" more in 60 minutes than I had in the past 12 months of my life. The people at the party were the Bohemian type. Very interesting.

SJ's friend Jen M. was there and had me crying. She's so fucking funny. After the party we headed to an Irish Pub for beers with my friend Aneezah and then it was time for bed.

Sunday, we headed to Tim and Mel's for their 20th anniversary and Tim's 40th birthday. I drank way too many mojitos and had to leave early to take a nap. Before I left, I took this great picture of Joe and Jeff.

OK. So why do I have Crystal Gale up? I'm letting my hair grow out. It's a messy look and I'm using (GASP!) hair product. So, it's shocking to others and myself. But it's fun to be different every once in awhile.

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
Friday I'm leaving on a little vacation. I can't wait for it to happen. I'm headed up to Vegas for the first time ever. So I give you Pearl Jam's homage to Elvis. This song was recorded at a concert played 10 years to the day after Pearl Jam's first concert ever. And it just happened to be in Vegas.

Lyrics
Stream Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • Crystal Gayle was the FIRST person that popped into my mind when I saw your new floppy head of hair. And I really do like it in spite of the fact that the first time I saw it I gasped and made that face. :-P

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Feb 21, 01:14:00 AM MST  

  • Great Tune!!!! and I can't believe it's your first time to Vegas....u are so close!!!....hope u have fun....and Parker Posey was hilarious in Best in Show!!!!

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Tue Feb 21, 05:20:00 AM MST  

  • ...the amazing part was the hair gel held even in the mud!! hehe!

    coach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 21, 06:43:00 AM MST  

  • If your hair gets that long, can i ride you like a pony? =-D

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Feb 21, 09:38:00 AM MST  

  • I love Parker Posey..she steals EVERY scene she's in. Did you catch House of Yes?

    By Blogger The Persian, At Tue Feb 21, 10:58:00 AM MST  

  • Parker Posey is awesome.

    Jealous you are going on vacation... I want to go!

    And the pic of Jeff and Joe? Woof! Cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 21, 12:40:00 PM MST  

  • I loved Parker Posey as Dorleen the whoreleen (as Jack called her) on Will & Grace as well as in Best In Show. I didn't realize that she's from Baltimore!

    Where are the pics of the new extensions?

    -Brian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 21, 04:19:00 PM MST  

  • Never been to Vegas before!!!@)#(*@$#@? Oh Crap that would be so fun. Where ya staying?

    I guess it's an east coast thing but everyone eventually gets to Vegas, wierd you haven't been there before.

    Was wondering about your hair hehehehe. Goatee's nice too but I grew mine back for IBR.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Feb 21, 04:36:00 PM MST  

  • I bet I'm the only person who remembers Parker Posey from As the World Turns in the eraly 90s.
    And don't forget her royal bitchiness in Dazed & Confused.

    - Buddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 21, 04:36:00 PM MST  

  • long hair huh? Don't it make my brown eyes, don't it make my brown eyes, BLUE.

    Sorry
    have a great weekend.

    By Blogger DEREK, At Fri Feb 24, 06:50:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home