Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I HATE My Hair

Every year before my birthday I go blond. It's usually just blond highlights but it looks good. It's a fun little ritual, because normally I don't care how I look. And the fact that I can look good is nice to know.

Two weeks ago I went to a super stylist who helped Echo with its Makeover Edition. I decided to let her do it instead of the dude I normally go to. She told me she wasn't feeling highlights. She wanted to go two shades lighter than what my hair currently was.

I have a little bit of red in my hair--it's a dark brown with a bit of red in the mix. After she was done, I looked like Laura Bush. I thought I'd give it a few days to tone down. But it hasn't. It's gotten worse. Now I look like Lucille Ball. In fact, they're calling me Lucy at work--which is funny but annoying.

To top it off, I'm letting my hair grow out. Just to do something different. I've had über short hair since I was in the army. It doesn't bother me to shave my head. But growing it out is definitely something different. So it's not really ready to style yet cuz it's too short still but it's longer than what it normally is. So it doesn't know what the hell to do. Basically I have a red bird's nest on my head.

People who know me well knows this isn't a big deal normally. I can go days wearing ripped shirts, holey underwear and mis-matched socks without feeling self-conscious. Being single I never cared how I looked. However, now that I'm in a relationship I feel obligated to look good. I want SJ to continue to find me attractive. It's kind of hard to feel attractive when hummingbirds dive bomb your head and lay their eggs.

Oh... here are some pix from Vegas.

Buddy imitating an annoying woman from a promotional video at the Sahara
Buddy is actually a shy fellow
A Charlie's in Vegas and not one rugger in the crowd
Different city, same clientele
Her hair tone is just a shy more natural than what mine looks like
Amazingly the Hamburger Mary's in Vegas has SLOWER service than in Phoenix
One of my amazingly delicious meals in Vegas
Our hotel at night Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home