Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, December 19, 2005

Tew Hearts SJ

I went outside to get my newspaper this morning and discovered a new friend (Teddy Tew) sitting on my doorstep. He's absolutely adorable and he's going to sleep with me every night (and with the kitties).

Today was outrageously (think Lionel Richie)wrong and long. Echo is giving two readers (boy and girl) a makeover. I had to be at the stylist's house at noon. I took all three to the mall, shlepped around snapping pictures of them trying on clothes. Then off to get their hair done and then up to North Scottsdale for their photo shoot.

It sounds like fun but I hate shopping. Plus, this story isn't for the issue that closes this Thursday. It's for the issue after that. I haven't done any writing for THIS issue. Mainly because I've been doing the ground work for this issue and coordinating the makeover stuff (they also got new glasses and facials and stuff). So it's been a lot of work and I'm stressed cuz I need to write for THIS issue.

However, the makeover stuff has been worth it. The two contestants looked so freaking good in the photographer's studio. I was so happy, because THEY were so happy and gracious. And they looked fantastic. Although I was so flipping tired, it was really rewarding.

I finally got back to the office at 6. By the time I returned e-mails (work-related) and did other crap it was 7:30. I was too tired to write, so I came home.

RANDOM MESSAGE -- If you're expecting a Christmas card for me, I won't get around to writing them until Christmas Eve, so consider them "holiday cards."

I'm watching Home Alone 2 (I'm down here you big horse's ass!). It's not as good as the first, but I love Tim Curry in it.

Happy TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

My final Christmas carol is dedicated to someone special. And YOU know who you are. ;-)

It's called Gabriel's Message and it's by Sting.

Stream Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • Someone left one of these on MY doorstep but I doubt it was the same person. And it's definitely not sleeping with me and Audrey.

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Dec 20, 12:02:00 AM MST  

  • My my my, so much mysterious romance stuff swirling around you (or maybe not so mysterious). That's pretty cool. Can't wait for NEXT issue hehehe. Hang in there and keep writing. At least you don't have to write about a ballet (I hope).

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Dec 20, 08:03:00 AM MST  

  • Thank you for dedicating Gabriel's Message to me. I appreciate it.

    I can only imagine how OVER IT you must have been at the mall. One of the things I kn ow about you, is that you DETEST shopping. (Teddy, Erin and I did all the shopping for Echo's "Looking Great, Feeling Gorgeous On a Dime
    " issue- I thought he was going to pass out around the 2nd or 3rd hour!)

    You are a good guy to suck it up and make them feel better about themselves.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Tue Dec 20, 12:54:00 PM MST  

  • What a nice thing to do... were these people in "need" of a makeover??? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 20, 01:23:00 PM MST  

  • Jeffy--Ms. LeHoot really loves you.

    Jay-mon--no ballet this time. Thank God.

    Richard--it's not always about you.

    Duane--they did need the makeover but they were really good sports!

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Tue Dec 20, 06:05:00 PM MST  

  • ahahahahaha
    Jeff, i love you everyday more! May I borrow your lil´horse till the wedding night?

    Ted u have more than a hudred argentinian admirers now that i spread your blog address and your columns at Echo everywhere... maybe one of us is sending pupets to your and Jeffy´s door.

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Wed Dec 21, 05:53:00 AM MST  

  • Great seeing you Theodore, if ever so briefly. I got a rare glimpse into TedWorld... it's a busy place!

    P.S.- thanks for the song dedication.

    By Blogger PJS, At Thu Dec 22, 07:11:00 AM MST  

  • I'm tired just thinking of that makeover adventure. Oh, and thanks for posting that Pearl Jam cover...love it!! Plus, Stone Gossard is my distant cousin...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Thu Dec 22, 04:13:00 PM MST  

  • I'm glad u liked the Teddy bear I sent ya....it's hard to find a Suns Jersey up here in Baltimore LOL!!!! Hope you have a good holiday.....I'll keep your crush on me a secret.....for I know it ain't all about me....LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Dec 24, 08:50:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home