Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nothing As It Seems


Eddie Vedder
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I had one of the most realistic dreams of my life last night. I dreamed that I hung out with Eddie Vedder.

I was sitting at a small bar. At the end of the bar was a little stage and some guys were setting up equipment, but they couldn't get the sound system to work. Having watched Rent a billion times and observing Mark Cohen, I was able to get it working.

So, the tech guys asked me to hang out with them. Well, Pearl Jam comes out on stage and does a "surprise" show. It was a warmup to their upcoming tour this summer.

After the show, Eddie started talking to me. He made a joke about Mike McCready's penchant for wearing dresses, so I told him that I wrote for a GLBT magazine.

We ended up hanging out all night long - talking about how much we hated Bush and the religious right and how he wrote a couple of songs about being an outsider. I thanked him for writing Rival (according to PJ, it's about growing up gay in Littleton, CO). I also told him that on MySpace I wrote his name next to "Person I'd like to meet." He thought I was lying so we went online and I showed him. He laughed and thanked me. Then he said I had to put someone else up there. I gave him my phone number so that the next time they were in town we could hang.

Well, my cell phone rang (the next day? the next year? i don't know--it was a dream). It was Eddie. He and his wife and kid were in town and wanted to hang. So we did. And talked and talked and talked.

It was really cool. I know whoever reads this is thinking, "Umm. Freak!" But whatever. It was neat. I felt like I was there. And don't worry. I don't have issues of Teen Beat with him on the cover plastered all over my bedroom walls.... they're on my ceiling.

Anybody else have those types of realistic dreams?

7 Comments:

  • .....mmmm....I'm guessin we all have had such dreams that we awake and are amazed it was so real. I know I have...

    Truth - or at least 'they say' it is - is that dreams like this are often about ourselves and viewing different aspects of things around us. That - or eating too much before sleepy time....hehe! (btw - keep eating more...)

    Eddie is Ted. Ted is Eddie. hmmmm...the mind does wander into some interesting places...

    me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jan 19, 11:16:00 AM MST  

  • On the most basic level seeing famous people in your dreams, signifies an increase to your prosperity and honor.

    I don't know what it means when you're fixing their stage equipment and hanging out with their families. I think there's a Lifetime Movie about that somewhere. In it Tori Spelling ends up hanging out with Tommy Lee and a video gets made or something. : )

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu Jan 19, 11:32:00 AM MST  

  • Wow, that is really cool! I LOVE vivid, long-lasting dreams like that (except when being chased by someone or something or somethings or a combination of the three).

    Perhaps the dream means you are content and happy because after all, you were able to kind of virtually fulfill a huge dream of yours. It's hard to have vivid, long-lasting dreams when you are not all frazzled and distracted from other things in your life.

    Take me for instance. I was just thinking about it and I dream a lot. However, I just thought about it and I can't even recall having them lately. That's kind of strange but I guess if my theory is true, makes sense.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Thu Jan 19, 01:08:00 PM MST  

  • way cool dream....and yes I have had dreams.....that real....before.....with deceased loved ones.....glad ya shared it with us, Ted

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Thu Jan 19, 07:29:00 PM MST  

  • Intense dream..I bet you hated to wake up. I think you should make it a point to actually meet him somehow. Anything is possible.

    Thanks for sharing that, and freak was the last thing I thought, morelike..wow wouldnt THAT be cool.

    :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Fri Jan 20, 08:41:00 AM MST  

  • According to Jeff´s comment:

    to dream everynight with Ken Ryker, Jeff Stryker and the whole Treasure Island crew... will increase my honor???



    well, i know about other things that could be "increased" by those dreams...

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Fri Jan 20, 06:20:00 PM MST  

  • I've never had one that realistic! WOW! That's pretty cool though; I am glad it was you not me though, I don't care for pearl jam, myself...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Jan 20, 06:48:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home