Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, January 02, 2006

Lust for Life

How's it going kiddies?

My New Year's Eve weekend was fun. Quick recap:

Friday night I went to dinner with my friends Tammie and Jilanne. We hadn't seen each other in months. So Kevin and I met them at Rock Bottom for beers and food. I went home and was asleep by 11.

Saturday I got up and went to Neil Schneider's house. He, his roommate Steve, their friend Chris and I headed to Squaw Peak for some hiking fun. It really burned my legs but it was a great workout. On the way up we saw a roadrunner. I took a pic with my new camera. Here's Chris, Neil and Steve at the top. Here's another one. The boys kept wanting to speed up and slow down to get better looks at the Fire Department's rescue crew who were running drills (they were hot).

The rest of my day was spent cleaning the upstairs fish tank, cleaning the house, going to Angi's to feed her kitties and other chores. I was exhausted when I finally got to sit down at 7. I closed my eyes for less than 1 minute and my mother called. So no nap for me. :-(

George, Jeff and SJ came over to play cards. Jeff catered the entire event. He brought the liquor and delectables. It was a veritable cornucopia of goodies. THANKS JEFFY!

We managed to play THE LONGEST GAME OF UNO EVER! Each hand took at least a half hour. It was so frustrating. Everybody's hands consisted of only two colors. For example, although at the beginning you are dealt 7 cards, I managed to have 23 cards in my hand at one point (thanks to the spiteful SJ and George). 15 cards were red and the others were green. I had no yellow or blue. How is that possible? And each hand was like that - it just took forever to play.

I also made the guys watch the last hour of You've Got Mail because I started watching it the week before and never got to see the end. They weren't happy.

Duke (pictured above) was not happy with George either. It's so funny because he hates George. I don't know why. He'll hiss and growl at George and I'll pick Duke up and Duke just gives me kisses and purrs. He loves his daddy. :-)

That night I slept on the upstairs couch while SJ crashed in my bed. I discovered that I need a ceiling fan in my bedroom. I'm always hot. The upstairs couch is under a ceiling fan and it was AWESOME. That's my project this week - buy and install a ceiling fan. I'll probably start sleeping better.

Sunday night I went over to Texas Mike's house and then we ended up at Roscoes playing darts. It was a nice night. I love Texas Mike - he's so funny and sweet - the complete opposite of how others describe him. When I dated Mr. X, Mr. X would tell me all these horrible stories and told me a billion times to stay away from Texas Mike. Well, fuck that - we've ended up friends after all.

Finally, just a quick note about how much I love rugby. I swear, it's a sickness. I went to practice tonight dragging ass from the weekend. But as soon as I put on my cleats, I got a boost of energy. I love joking with the guys and tossing the ball back and forth and practicing different moves. It's so much fun. I don't understand why more people don't do it.

Yes, it hurts like a mother fucker. And my legs are permanently scarred and bruised. And some days I can barely get out of bed. BUT! It's a blast. I love those guys -- even the assholes. And I feel really fortunate to have found them.

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

Today's song is called Lust for Life by Iggy Pop. I chose it because, Friday night I was at the gym and I kept staring at this guy who was being given the introductory tour of my gym. I kept thinking to myself, "That guy looks just like Iggy Pop." My thoughts were confirmed when Kevin came over and said, "Did you see Iggy Pop?" So, I guess we'll have a semi-celebrity at LifeTime. Ironically, he's crack skinny but he's got a beer belly. Lust for Life is a great title but I looked up the lyrics and realize it's a dirty song. I can't believe a cruise line would use it in their ads.

Lyrics
Stream
 Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • Glad you had fun....love Uno....and U can't go wrong with Iggy Pop!!!

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Mon Jan 02, 11:57:00 PM MST  

  • I loved our UNO game mainly because it was the only game we played that I didn't get TOTALLY killed at. And I love hiking Squaw Peak, in fact I'm probably going there this week, unless I go back out to the lakes. I could use a little sun.

    : )

    p.s. the last time I saw Iggy Pop was backstage at a Pretenders concert (he opened), he tripped on a cable and fell and I helped him up, he weighs two pounds, maybe three now that he has a belly

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Jan 03, 10:56:00 AM MST  

  • Damn, sounded like a fun weekend. I've been missing in action lately. I'll have to get out more often!

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Jan 03, 01:45:00 PM MST  

  • If Jeff made the delectables, they must have been amazing!! I haven't played UNO in a gazillion years. Iggy Pop could scare the bark off a tree man...excellent tune tho. :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Wed Jan 04, 09:55:00 AM MST  

  • Ted: Sofa king hot he needs a ceiling fan

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Wed Jan 04, 10:07:00 AM MST  

  • Happy New Years! Great... now I am going to have Lust for Life in my head for days... maybe I should rent Trainspotting and make an event of it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jan 05, 12:42:00 PM MST  

  • I was led here from your Myspace page. Cool photos from our hike last weekend. And the roadrunner pic came out great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jan 05, 08:53:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home