Diary of a Sane Man

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Boreback Mountain

I'm going to draw the ire of all film fans and homosexuals alike but I found Brokeback Mountain to be extremely boring. I thought it was moving at the end with the "I wish I could quit you" and the whole shirt thing, but damn it was long. And no dialogue. It was pretty and made me want to go camping in Wyoming (with Jake G. or Heath L.) but it was too slow for me.

It was really embarrassing because all these hetero couples were there--young and old. And they all clapped at the end. I just couldn't wait to get out. If I hadn't gone to see it with a friend (Texas Mike), I probably would have walked out.

Fortunately, when I got home Spike TV is playing Bond movies. So, I can get my fill of action-packed movies. Actually, I'm flipping between You Only Live Twice, Jason X and The Village of the Damned. I can't help it. I like crappy movies.

Just thought I'd share. And if any of you get pissed, just remember that Phoenista HATES Harry Potter. Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

  • Brokeback Mountain 2: The Revenge of Ennis Del Mar should be more interesting. Not "Bride of Chucky" interesting but there will definitely be more explosions.

    ; )

    I wanna go camping (said in the whiniest voice imaginable).

    By Blogger potusol, At Sat Dec 24, 12:52:00 AM MST  

  • I'll wait till it comes out on DVD then, thanks for the heads up.

    :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Sat Dec 24, 04:15:00 AM MST  

  • I also hate camping

    By Blogger Brooke, At Sat Dec 24, 07:00:00 AM MST  

  • persian guy, you should go see the movie. It is beautifully made and worth watching. I want to see it again because like King Kong, it is hard to live up to the hype.

    And remember that Ted also loved Rent so much that he saw it more than once. That says it all. LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Dec 24, 07:30:00 AM MST  

  • You're fired.
    - Buddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Dec 24, 10:37:00 AM MST  

  • The great thing about this country is that you are utterly free to hold and espouse your own opinion. Even when it is ridiculously, objectively WRONG.

    If the Countess de Gooch heard you trashing Brokeback, she'd... she'd pull your beard!

    By Blogger PJS, At Sat Dec 24, 03:53:00 PM MST  

  • Anonymous--I'll have you know I saw Rent THREE times.
    :-P

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Sat Dec 24, 08:11:00 PM MST  

  • Admit it, you thought there was too little sex.

    By Blogger Patrick S., At Sun Dec 25, 04:29:00 AM MST  

  • Yeah, it was a little long I thought, but it was incredibly moving. However, I wasn't a basket case like in RENT at all. But just like RENT it had me pondering for days afterwards. The acting was amazing. I'll post my reactions to the acting of Ennis' wife sometime.

    I would definitely NOT wait until it is on DVD. Even if there was no story at all, it's worth it to see on the big screen for the scenery alone. I think Theodore is in the minority opinion even though I kind of agree with a couple points. I would definitely go see it at the theatre and decide yourself.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Dec 27, 10:07:00 AM MST  

  • Sorry you didn't like it, but I liked that there was little dialogue. It was true to the concept of a true "cowboy/strong man", and the actors really had the opportunity to show the emotion and express words without speaking. It was compelling and emotional for me. I loved it, but that doesn't mean that you have to! We are all entitled to our opinions!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 27, 07:46:00 PM MST  

  • I'm gay and I thought the movie was a total snore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jan 05, 04:56:00 PM MST  

  • LOL, i should have just cut and paste your comments into my blog.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Jan 27, 12:40:00 PM MST  

  • hay que tener la sensibilidad de un garbanzo para decir que la peli es lenta. bueno de todo tiene que haber en Arizona, digo yo.

    Venga no te piques

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sun Apr 29, 05:37:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home