Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, December 26, 2005

Life is Grand

I had a great Christmas weekend.

Christmas Eve, I went over to Gary's and met up with him, Greg and a couple whose names I forgot. We then went out to Apollo's for karaoke and drank a boatload of Jaeger bombers. I stopped at four. They drank 10 or more. Gross. Kelly showed up, which was nice.

The best part was at 11:50 they distributed candles, dimmed the lights and then played Christmas songs on the karaoke machine. So we all sang Christmas carols for about 15 minutes.

Sunday I got up and exchanged gifts with Kevin. He got me a digital camera! I was so psyched. I've been wanting one forever. My mom got me some nice shirts and my sister Sue sent me a new rugby kit. So I now have two practice jerseys!!! I don't have to use one for three practices (believe me, it got REALLY smelly by Saturday).

Later in the evening, Jeffy stopped by on his way back from Tucson. He got me two of the coolest gifts: A cow bell (pictured above) with the words, "There will always be women in rubber flirting with me," and a children's book called "All About Scabs." I died laughing at both. The cowbell (if you don't know) is a reference to the fact that I'm Maureen from Rent. I'm going to get some rope and wear it as a necklace for our next drinkup. The scab book is an obvious reference to my knees after rugby matches.

Then Jeffy and I headed out to Roscoes and met my friend JP (down from Flag) and some of the ruggers. My friend Bryan was in town from LA and brought some of his friends. It was a really nice night. Here are some pix (from my new camera!!!) from my weekend.

So here are some pix from Christmas night at Roscoes:



JP looking toasted and Jeffy looking happy


Bryan and me


Gary after his fourth Jaeger bomber


HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS

Today's tune comes from the godfather of grunge--Neil Young. Although he does
write some flat out rockers, I love his slow folk songs. Harvest Moon is one
of my faves, so take a listen--you might like it too. It's just a beautiful
love song. My favorite lines are:

When we were strangers
I watched you from afar
When we were lovers
I loved you with all my heart.

Lyrics

Stream

Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home