Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Itza Meee Mario!

I've had to burn off some vacation days before I lose them at the end of the month. I've been using them (including today) to have Mario Parties. What's a Mario Party, pray tell? A Mario Party is when a bunch of kids OR a bunch of adult geeks get together to play Mario Party on GameCube.

Mario Party is like a board game. You roll virtual dice and move your space around the board. The object is to gather as many stars as possible. Depending on the board, you can either buy these stars or steal them from the other players.

After all players complete one turn, everyone plays a "minigame." These games can be free for alls, 1 vs 3 or 2 vs 2. This is where things get competitive. And Ryan (pictured, showing off his new tat) and I have almost come to blows a few times. In fact, the last game tonight I thought he was going to cry. Which made me laugh because he had been winning all day. It served him right.

The minigames have awesome names like, Snow Ride (I always belt out Snow Ride, take it easy), Take Me Ohm (you jump over laser beams), Big Dripper (collect honey that drips from the ceiling), and Mathemortician (you say a number into the microphone and fire a flame at that square). In the games you might battle Cheep Cheeps, Lakitus and Pink Boos. It's all cute but maddeningly difficult.

Currently we're playing Mario Party 7. Let me just say I'm not a big fan. Mario Party 4-6 was based on skill. The winner of the game was the person who won the most stars, won the most minigames, won the most coins and landed on the most "what's happening" spaces. Mario Party 7 awards stars for random things (like buying orbs) and other things. And it's all random. So you could have won the most stars, won the most games and have the most coins and still lose the game. This has put me at an unfair advantage. Ryan won 2 of the 3 games we played (I finally won the last game).

I consistently won at Mario Party 4, 5, and 6 because of my mad gaming skills. This new one is all luck. Regardless, I still had fun. Here are some pictures of today's Mario Party. We'll be having another one next Thursday.



JP kept trying to mess up Ryan during the microphone games


Despite it being their first Mario Party, JP and Jeffy were quite relaxed


Ryan tried to screw me up and ended up losing!

Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • Ignore my earlier question : )

    I was very relaxed. I think it had something to do with "the wheel of whimsy". I'll be there next week and I'm gonna send you that double chin cleanup filter for Photoshop. I'm not so sure I like you having this new camera.

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu Dec 29, 11:24:00 PM MST  

  • I C U are putting that new camera to good use.....nice Ink!!!! The mario thingie kinda confuses me....but it sounds like ya guys had fun.....Well I hope u have a great holiday....and play it safe....I'm on my way to Rehobeth for the weekend....It's late here....but I love driving at nite. Best part is that it will be in the 50's...not bad for this time of year around these parts....cya next year

    Marc

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Fri Dec 30, 12:15:00 AM MST  

  • I'm trying to make out exactly what Ryan's tatoo is. Is it Christina Ricci portraying a demon?

    By Blogger PJS, At Fri Dec 30, 07:05:00 AM MST  

  • See how much fun it is to have a cam? Love the Jeffy pic! :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Fri Dec 30, 08:46:00 AM MST  

  • PJS - that tat is like a vampire chick but it looks suspiciously like his girlfriend Amanda.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Fri Dec 30, 09:13:00 AM MST  

  • I wanted to say this last nite.....and I can't resist....so I am online....even though I promised Bailey I wouldn't be....but that ink is way cool....but at first glance....the heart looks like a third nipple!!!! LOL

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Fri Dec 30, 01:11:00 PM MST  

  • I am sooooooooooooo happy to see the Mario Party Love infecting more happy homes in Phoenix.

    Rainbow Cruise On!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Dec 30, 06:30:00 PM MST  

  • OMG my idol is a Mario freak!

    happy new year, love!

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Sun Jan 01, 07:52:00 PM MST  

  • That looks like fun... maybe I should have a Soul Calibur 3 party...

    I miss Mario 3 for nintendo (the original). It was always my favorite when he got the little racoon tail which , for reasons unknown to me, made him fly. I don't get the association. Either way... fun game!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Jan 05, 12:41:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home