Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Magic Man


harry
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I finally had a chill weekend. Friday night, I went to my friend Dena's 35th birthday party. It was me and about 25 elementary school teachers--all female. Let me just say one thing. Those bitches are C R A Z Y. All are great story tellers and I laughed my ass off.

I split around 9:30 and went home. Despite being super tired, I stayed up until 12:30 reading. Then I went to bed and woke up at SIX FREAKING THIRTY in the morning. I HATE when that happens. It's so frustrating! Why can't I sleep when I have the chance?

Saturday, Sloppy Joey and I went bowling. We decided to bowl three games for 7 points (2 pts. per game and 1 pt. for overall pins) and winner gets something (we didn't say what before we started). I did pretty well having not bowled in a few months. I almost lost the last game though. I was down 6 pins and SJ bowled a strike and a spare in the 10th. Due to my Über competitive nature, I bowled two strikes and a 9 in the 10th. I kind of felt bad because I didn't need to win that last game and it would have been a nice gesture to throw the last game. But I'm sick in the head.

I really do have a mental illness when it comes to competition. Maybe one day I'll fix that, but I doubt it.

Anywho.... I have to decide what I won... laundry services for a month? being addressed as sir or emperor?

What do you guys think? I'm open to situations.

Saturday night Jeffy, Ryan and Amanda, Aneezah, Kevin and I went to Rock Bottom for Kevin's birthday. Then we went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

This was probably my favorite Harry Potter book. It's also one of the longest. And a 2 1/2 hour movie just can't do it justice. It was pretty good though.

Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger is turning into a beautiful young woman. I know she's only a young teen but she's turning into quite the looker. The other kids are fine actors. Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint do a standup job and seem to improve with each film.

But the real star of the movie is Stanislav Ianevski who plays Quidditch Cup and Triwizards Tournament star Viktor Krum. His ability to convey meaning and emotion without uttering a word is fantastic. Just look at this picture here. Or this one here. He's talking to me through his eyes. I'm thinking I might need to stalk find Mr. Ianevski to discuss our future together.

That's about it for the weekend. I knocked out my computer column. Now I need to work on an article for Echo. We have a very short week, and I've got a shitload of writing to do before Tuesday night. So I better get cracking.

Hope everyone had good weekends!

10 Comments:

  • Oh yeah, old Stanislav is an acting talent to be reckoned with. I think I would have felt it more if he had been shirtless. And by "it" I mean the emotions he was trying to get across (MUST BROOD MORE) not what most of you were just thinking.

    : )

    But the movie was AWESOME. I love how whoever is making those HP movies just sucks you in to the world of magic.

    By Blogger potusol, At Sun Nov 20, 11:28:00 PM MST  

  • I am almost afraid to admit that I haven't read or seen one Harry Potter movie.....gotta lotta catching up to do on books and movies. Now that I know u r from Baltimore....makes me think of a zillion things.....and we may know the same people....u left when I moved back here....as I spent years in Seattle....although baltimore is my hometown....
    Peace....hope ya sleep in today :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Nov 21, 01:21:00 AM MST  

  • Well maybe your competitive and winning bowling experience will convince you to bowl on the leagues again. We miss seeing you there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Nov 21, 08:57:00 AM MST  

  • My vote is for a good firm handshake. You know the kind where you use your second hand to cover the top of the others. Normally I just go for the brief strong hand shake with a warm smile. Aside, I hate when people don't grab your whole hand and squeeze my fingers, because I wear a ring and it really hurts me. I think wow you come bearing pain. So as you can see, the good firm handshake with the second hand over the top really is going above and beyond.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Mon Nov 21, 10:13:00 AM MST  

  • Stanislav WAS the best part of the movie for me, hands down. When he first appeared I just said, "Woah", out loud and the people around me just chuckled. :-)

    By Blogger AZJay, At Mon Nov 21, 10:47:00 AM MST  

  • Saw your comment on my blog. Looks like we'll just have to fight it out over Viktor. Or share him, that could be fun too...haha ;-)

    Btw, I added you to my list o' blogs, you are now officially special.

    By Blogger DaveJ, At Mon Nov 21, 01:41:00 PM MST  

  • I guess I am in the minority but I would take Cedric over Krum anyday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Nov 21, 04:04:00 PM MST  

  • well, i know that the evsky part is missing but... maybe we can discuss OUR future togheter...

    at least just a weekend!!!
    hugs
    Ian.-(evsky)

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Mon Nov 21, 07:36:00 PM MST  

  • OMG. Ian you crack me up. That was so fucking funny and brilliant. Your mastery of the English language is just amazing!

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Mon Nov 21, 07:39:00 PM MST  

  • I bet you want to play "quidditch" with Krum.... oh yeah you do.

    Oh, and I saw rent. Check out what I had to say... it was great! (I wrote a long review on my site =o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 22, 06:45:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home