Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Let's Play House!


Domestic Bliss Posted by Picasa

So Tuesday is my pretend family day. Jay and I play tennis in a league at our gym. We don't start until 7:30, so Jay comes over my house after work and we have this funny little routine setup.

I get home around 5:20. I unload the dishwasher and start setting up for dinner. Jay gets to the house between 5:30 and 6:00. He takes off his tennis shoes and grunts as he collapses on the couch. I fill up a glass of water for him, take it over and ask him how his day went.

While he tells me about his day, I interrupt with questions (mustard or mayo on the sandwich? do you want stuffed pork chops or baked chicken?). Then I heat up his dinner as we watch the national news.

At 6, we switch over to Lifetime for The Golden Girls and laugh as we eat our dinner. After dinner, he lays on the couch with the kids (Duke and Hera) and I turn on the heating pad to warm up my wrist.

Then it's time for tennis! It's very Norman Rockwellian and humorous, especially since I'm not domestic at all. I mean, the dinner is precooked by Kevin.

Today the guy I was supposed to play never showed. So I played Matt again. Once again I was on fire and beat him 6-0, 6-3. I wonder when the streak is going to end. :-(

The weather here has been crazy. It's been chilly and cloudy with some rain. It's making me wish I was dating someone. That doesn't happen very often. Usually, I'm so busy that I'm glad I don't have that kind of responsibility. But the past couple of days, I've wanted someone to lay in bed with (someone who isn't a trick), snuggle and watch the rain come down.

If you're so inclined, here's one of my favorite lost love songs. It's called Fade Into You by Mazzy Star. The lyrics are here. Actually I don't know if it's a lost love song--I've just always interpreted it that way.

5 Comments:

  • LOL That is soooo funny! When you said, "so, how was your day?" I laughed to myself and was thinking basically the same thing you just posted. Kevin's cooking is da bomb! If he ever needs a back up guy to marry down the road, tell him if not married already myself, I'm available hehehe. It is a pretty cool way to unwind though. In the absence of domestic bliss, it's great to have good friends to hang out with in the meantime.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Wed Oct 19, 11:02:00 AM MST  

  • I would love it if I had that. Except, I'm the one being waited on! ...As I trudge off to have yet another sandwich for dinner. How boring...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Wed Oct 19, 05:41:00 PM MST  

  • Are you serious? Pretend family day? That is too funny. Sounds like fun. I know what you mean about wanting to have that special person to hold and fall asleep with. It gets pretty lonely being single at times. Great song, I've never heard it before.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Thu Oct 20, 05:02:00 AM MST  

  • How cute! Just don't listen to that song TOO much, it will have you running for the razors! I do love that song though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Oct 20, 05:31:00 PM MST  

  • welcome to the club my dear baby!
    I so know what you mean with the "I wish" part.

    if only you were closer...

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Sat Oct 22, 09:04:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home