Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, October 14, 2005

Oh l'amour


Cyrille
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
My first love, Cyrille, flew into Phoenix last Friday night. He's staying with our friend Aneezah.

Sunday we all met up for brunch at Roscoes. In addition to new friends Jeff, Jay and Steve--there were old friends too -- Aneezah, Charles, Cyrille, George and Susan.

It was like 10 years ago all over again. It was so much fun to talk about old times and catch up on new times. It's amazing that we all pretty much look the same. Nobody's appearance has really changed much--maybe different styles of hair and the clothes are different. But nobody has suddenly gained a great deal of weight or aged in the face.

Wednesday night, Cyrille met me at Roscoes after rugby practice. We had a beer and then went home. When it came time for bed and Cyrille took off his shirt and shorts I think I audibly gasped. I'd forgotten what an amazing body he had.

There was no yadda yadda yadda. We just held each other and talked and eventually drifted off to sleep.

The next day we got up and waited for Ryan to come over. Then we went to Boston Market, Barnes and Noble, Ikea and Sports Authority. The only thing we bought was a hand pump for my rugby ball.

We did go to the movies -- Into the Blue. It should have been called Into the Snooze. Despite having eye candy in the form of Paul Walker (for Cyrille and myself) and Jessica Alba (for Ryan), it was just a really bad movie. It wasn't even Lifetime Movie bad. I didn't even root for the bad guys. I was just bored with it all.

After the movie, I took a nap and Cyrille went to exchange his rental car (it was making a funky noise). Then we went to Chili's and met up with Angi, Aneezah and Susan.

All in all, it was a great visit with Cyrille.

We still love each other very much. And that will never change.

I declined his offer to fool around. I'm not sure why. It's been eight years since we were together and I don't really want to open that can of worms. I mean, he lives in Canada, so nothing will ever come to it.

But it was great to laugh like that again. He makes me laugh like nobody ever has.

And he's sweet. When I went to bed last night, there was a note tucked under the covers, saying that he loved me and was grateful for having me in his life.

:-)

7 Comments:

  • A wise friend said, "As long as you are able to love, love will always find you."

    Check out this song lyrics. I think it captures the first love experience.

    Some day out of the blue
    In a crowded street or a deserted square
    I'll turn and I'll see you
    As if our love were new
    Some day we can start again, some day soon

    Here comes the night
    Here come the memories
    Lost in your arms
    Down in the foreign fields
    Not so long ago
    Seems like eternity
    Those sweet afternoons
    Still capture me

    I still believe
    I still put faith in us
    We had it all and watched it slip away
    Where are we now
    Not where we want to be
    Those hot afternoons
    Still follow me

    Some day out of the blue
    Maybe years from now
    Or tomorrow night
    I'll turn and I'll see you
    As if we always knew
    Some day we would live again, some day soon

    I still believe
    I still put faith in us

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Oct 14, 02:22:00 PM MST  

  • Ummmm, how could you forget that bod?

    It was great to meet him. He's adorable in many many ways.

    : )

    By Blogger potusol, At Fri Oct 14, 03:11:00 PM MST  

  • Better yet, how could you say no to that body? LOL. It is not like you are so innocent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Oct 14, 06:45:00 PM MST  

  • You have had some lovely stories posted on your blog recently! WOW, Cyrille is hot! Have you ever been to Canada? It is fabulous!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Sat Oct 15, 05:19:00 AM MST  

  • Wow...how hot is HE? I know what you mean about still loving him, I feel the same way about my 1st bf and as attracted as I am to him, I would never go there again sexually. I was laughing when I saw his underwear because I have like 5 pairs of those exact tommy's. ( http://cariniexchange.com/private/tommy1.jpg )

    By Blogger The Persian, At Sun Oct 16, 05:40:00 AM MST  

  • Good grief! I think I know him!

    By Blogger Patrick S., At Thu Oct 20, 07:11:00 AM MST  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Nov 15, 12:23:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home