Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Learned Something Today


Journalism 101 Posted by Picasa

It seems that every day of my life I'm learning something new. Often it's more than one thing but I don't have enough space in my reserves to store it all. My brain can only retain one new thing a day. In the spirit of Berly's Chengdu's and chengdon'ts, here's what I've learned so far this week.

Monday: I learned that rugby really hurts. Up until now, we've been "touch" scrimmaging. Monday we had our first contact scrimmage. My knees ended up bloody messes. Monday I learned that football players are big fat pussies because they get to wear a bunch of padding.

Tuesday: I learned that Jason Adonis is just freaking adorable. I don't know if anything meaningful will ever come out of my association with him, but I just look at him and melt. He's damned cute.

Wednesday: I learned that despite having bloody knees, another rugby scrimmage can be fun. Not only that, I learned that if I run fast enough I won't get tackled. I also learned that one needs to dress one's wounds before bedtime. Unfortunately, that was one of the learned things that my thick skull didn't retain, because I woke up a half dozen times Wednesday night. Everytime I moved, the friction between my knees and the sheets created sharp excruciating pain.

Thursday: I learned to roll with the punches and always carry Kleenex. I found out thatBuddy was supposed to interview a celebrity. Buddy was home sick and I had 30 minutes to do some perfunctory research and get to the interview. I did a little research, showed up and made the dude cry. He cried almost the entire interview. I think the guy was just a sensitive person, but I never learned how to handle that in Journalism 101. So today, I learned to always carry Kleenex, because you never know when you're going to make someone cry.

What did you learn this week?

5 Comments:

  • I learned that when I'm feeling super crappy having someone to hug me works wonders. Actually I didn't really learn this it was something that I remembered and I took full advantage of it.

    By Blogger potusol, At Fri Sep 23, 12:47:00 AM MST  

  • what I learned?
    mhhhhh...
    that I should stop udsing the phone.

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Fri Sep 23, 04:00:00 AM MST  

  • LEARNING IS FUN!!!!!!!

    What have I learned this week?
    I learned that I can't do just one snort of coke-

    Wait, that's not me.

    What DID I learn, then?

    *sigh*.....learning is hard.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Fri Sep 23, 09:48:00 AM MST  

  • Wow, what was the interview about that made him cry so much?

    I learned that the more I play rugby and get banged up, the less my leg hurts, go figure.

    I already knew football players are big fat pussies. ;-)

    I learned what I really want in a relationship and what I really don't want, regardless of how much I love the guy.

    I also learned that Jason Adonis IS freaking adorable. He's funny too. It was cool meeting him. I hope something comes of it for you because you guys are so cute together.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Fri Sep 23, 10:30:00 AM MST  

  • Hee-hee, Richard said "hard".

    By Blogger potusol, At Fri Sep 23, 01:25:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home