Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Foozer Rules!


grohl2
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
Last night I was rockin' like Dokken. Jay, Kevin and I went to the Weezer/Foo Fighters concert at America West Arena. I managed to score general admission floor seats, which meant we could get as close to the action as we wanted.

I've never seen Weezer perform live before and I have to say I was mighty impressed. They are notorious for not interacting with the audience or with each other on stage, but last night they did both and exceedingly well.

All of the guys took turns singing a song, which surprised the hell out of me. Rivers (the lead singer) is notorious for being a control freak. My buddy Robbie was there. This was his 8th time seeing Weezer. He said it was one of their best shows ever. He said that normally they don't do anything but stand apart from each other and play.

Fun moments: After the encore break, Rivers appeared at the back of the arena (where they have the sound/lighting section gated) and did an acoustic version of Islands in the Sun. They plucked a girl from the crowd and taught her the chords for Undone (the Sweater Song), she played it while they sang. I saw her walking out of the arena at the end of the show w/ her new guitar--she seemed stoked. At the end of the show they dropped confetti on us in.

Foo Fighters played one of the loudest sets I've ever heard (or didn't hear). After the first song, my ears were blasted. During certain songs the vibration was so intense it was making my heart beat funny. My entire body was shaking--cool but at times scary.

That was my fourth time I've seen FF play. They rule--they always put on a great show.

The funny thing was I saw four people that I knew. Three were from Skyview (my part time job). But the three weren't together and didn't know the others were there. Kinda weird how you see people you know in a crowd of 20,000.

In personal news... week has been busy. Tennis started back up. My wrist is getting better but it's still terribly weak.

Oh, I need to rant on something. Last week I went to the doctor's to start getting the immunization shots for Hepatitis A and B. If you're gay and you have sex and you are reading this--you should have this immunization--it's a series of shots but will protect you from transmission.

Anyway, the doctor had me take another HIV test. I told him I wasn't a whore and that I hadn't done anything that was risky. He said that they were concerned about my throat--when I went in last month for being sick they noticed some white goop on my throat that they thought was thrush.

Now thrush is something that occurs in people with weakened immune systems, such as HIV. But there is no test for thrush--doctors just "guess" if you have it.

I said that the white goop was probably from a combination of the strep (for which I tested positive) and my allergies (which give me very odd symptoms--such as loss of hearing, ringing in the ears, excessive phlegm, terrible headaches, etc).

But they wanted to "be safe" and test 30 days later. So... once again I had to wait 4 days for the results... and it was negative. I wasn't concerned but it kind of pisses me off. I'm glad that the docs are vigilant but they also need to listen to their patients.

If I said I hadn't engaged in risky behavior and I had two tests (one that tested for the antibodies and one that tests for the disease itself), a third was unnecessary!

OK. off soap box. I've got a lot of catching up to do... lots of blogs I haven't read in awhile.

10 Comments:

  • Thrush? Did you feel like you had anything like that or was it a total shocker?

    By Blogger The Persian, At Thu Sep 29, 12:48:00 PM MST  

  • Well cool, I felt the same way when Foo started playing, but I was afraid to say anything because I didn't want you to think I'm a wuss! But WOW, my entire inner organs were shaking violently. Luckily there was one less to shake! I *think* my hearing is back to normal now. Dave's first scream I thought my head was going to explode. I really enjoyed Weezer too.

    Thrush? What is that like the ThinLizzy/Rush tour or something?

    By Blogger AZJay, At Thu Sep 29, 02:32:00 PM MST  

  • I am so jealous! I love both of those bands dearly. (They probably take up about 50% of my ipod space.) I was not able to go because hubby was out of town (last minute business trip)and no one to watch the 3.5 yr old! Damn it! I am currently punching myself in the head for not going, by any means possible, after hearing about how awesome it was.
    - Nina (forgot my blogger password - oops.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Sep 29, 10:29:00 PM MST  

  • ok, I am so going now on the 15th DCU Worcester. Ive been following Weezer like mad since 96. Should be an amazing show.

    By Blogger The Persian, At Fri Sep 30, 08:35:00 AM MST  

  • Persian Guy--I felt like I had strep throat--which I did. Also, definitely go to the show. Weezer played a lot of old stuff off the blue and green albums (my favorites), so I think you'll really enjoy it.

    Nina--sorry you missed the show. Maybe they'll put out a joint DVD??? It's not the same but at least you could experience it that way.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Fri Sep 30, 09:29:00 AM MST  

  • baby
    everytime a new doctor got my case they suggested hiv+ (remember i never ever had a diagnosys yet) even once, a motherfucker doctor stalked my parents about how bad they had been that their son became GAY & POSITIVE.
    it was cruel and sick, I think this evil Dr.Crap wanted to kill himself when he found my tests were negative.

    shit happends

    oh, I love the Foo!!!

    ps. about your last request, you go first!

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Fri Sep 30, 08:20:00 PM MST  

  • I am so jealous that you went to a concert! I love going to concerts and would have loved to see Weezer!

    Drs are just paranoid! I am glad everything is alright with you!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Fri Sep 30, 09:20:00 PM MST  

  • BTW, I have been meaning to comment on you blog lately, but blogger tends to be unavailable over here. I think I might have put the d*mocr*cy word one my posts!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Fri Sep 30, 09:22:00 PM MST  

  • I hate waiting for HIV tests. I always pay to do the annonymous overnight testing so I don't have to wait as long. I never engage in risky behavior, but still that "what if" factor makes the waiting hell. Glad to hear your are ok.

    By Blogger DaveJ, At Tue Oct 04, 01:36:00 PM MST  

  • Nice site!
    http://qushpfqy.com/xeuf/eoda.html | http://fxjzirnq.com/xpol/lgkp.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Sep 14, 03:34:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home