Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Upon Us All a Little Rain Must Fall


Swan Song Posted by Picasa

Quick Katrina update. First, thanks for all of the kind words. Just keep Bill and Marge Rybka and Adam and Linda Sandroni in your thoughts and prayers. A friend of my stepmother's sister is on his way to Biloxi. Apparently his mother is still alive and taking shelter in her attic and 2nd floor (the first floor is flooded). Amazingly, she was able to get through to him on the telephone. Although the Red Cross told him he won't be able to get within 75 miles of Biloxi, he's on his way to pick up his mother. He'll find a way. He also knows exactly where my aunt and uncle live and will visit nearby shelters in the hopes that he can find them.

Since the last two posts have been way heavy, I thought it would be fun to do the assignment with which ZeppGoddess tagged me. First let me say, every morning for the past two weeks I start my work day with The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. I love this song so much. I tried to make it available via streaming. Click here, but I don't know if it'll work. I can only get it to work in Internet Explorer and not Firefox. Hmmm...

On to the fun!
Seven things you plan to do before you die:
1) Live in a European country for one year
2) Move back to the east coast
3) Take a job for the money and not because I like it
4) Fall in love again
5) Purchase a Mustang AND a hybrid vehicle
6) Bowl a 300
7) Be as good as humanly possible

Seven things you can do:
1) Say the first part of the Hail Mary in French
2) Forgive but not always forget
3) Have opposing views on the same subject
4) Feel simultaneously skinny and fat
5) Every year think that this is the year the Suns will win it all
6) Be compassionate
7) Sing out of tune

Seven things you can't do:
1) Tolerate intolerance
2) Stay angry for long
3) Turn my mind off at bedtime
4) Not share my opinion
5) Not help someone in need
6) Keep a neat desk at work nor at home
7) Make a meal that tastes good

Seven things that attract you to the same sex:
1) Intelligence
2) Sense of humor
3) Sense of humor
4) Lips
5) Athletic body--not muscle bound and not crack skinny
6) Spontaneity
7) Kind eyes

Seven things you say most:
1) Fuck!
2) What up, yo?
3) Hey dude
4) Okay
5) I'm sorry (apologetically, I piss people off a lot)
6) I'm sorry? (said in an irritated manner)
7) Cool

Seven celebrity crushes:





























Ed Vedder, Singer, Pearl Jam
Jeff Ament, Bassist, Pearl Jam
Angelina Jolie, Goddess
Dave Kushner, Guitarist, Velvet Revolver
Kurt Cobain, Singer (Deceased), Nirvana
Ed Norton, Actor, No I don't like white supremacy nor Nazi symbols, but
he looked hot in this movie despite being despicable and he redeemed himself
at the end, so don't give me shit in the comments section
Henry Rollins, Singer and Poet

4 Comments:

  • I would definitely agree with your celebraty crushes! Those are great photos! Dave Kushner is hot!!! I also know what you mean about saying sorry in an irritated manner, I am Queen of that!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Fri Sep 02, 06:45:00 AM MST  

  • Um, I thought you said an athletic body need not be muscle bound.

    Your celeb crushes, minus Ms. Jolie, are all muscle bound!!! LIAR!!

    But yeah, Henry Rollins is HOT.
    So in Angelina.

    I am finally getting crushes on girls. First Kelly Clarkson, then Angelina, and after I saw Jessica Simpson in a swimsuit... I started to wonder.

    I made myself feel better when I realized they all have toned, almost boyish bodys (if you don't count killer racks!)


    PS, I am glad your family is holding up.
    Godspeed. (Or Buddhaspeed.) (Or Whateverspeed.)

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Fri Sep 02, 12:55:00 PM MST  

  • ewwwwwwwwww.... i think your cewleb crushes are in need of a shower sweety...

    i loved that "Have opposing views on the same subject" thing.
    BTW A, Jolie is hooooooooootttt (my dad would be SO PROUD!!!)
    .

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Sat Sep 03, 06:06:00 PM MST  

  • Listening to The Rain Song. Firefox will download it and realplayer will play it if installed, don't worry. It sounds great as it always does.

    Loved your list of answers and I can't disagree with any of the celebs choices!

    My first car was a '65 Mustang (289, 4bbl) and I love them. The new one is too f'ing cool! I want, I want I want!

    Still hoping and praying your family members will be found safe and sound. Hang in there buddy.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Sun Sep 04, 12:28:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home