Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, August 12, 2005

I see we have an opening....next year


Doc
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
Although Dr. Feelgood is very convenient (he sees me at a moment's notice), I just don't feel comfortable going to him anymore. So, I've made up my mind to find a new doctor. I need to see a doctor because my allergy medication is on empty and I like to breathe.

We have a new group of doctors advertising with Echo, so I called them up. I asked if Dr. Redenius took new patients. The lady said sure. I said, "Great! Do you have any openings this week?"

She said, "Dr. Redenius doesn't see new patients for three weeks." Umm... okay, but in three weeks, I'll have to resort to sniffing glue to keep by nasal passages open. So I asked if anyone else in the practice would see me sooner.

She said that another doctor (Dr. Martinez) could see me next week (this past Tuesday). Great!

Monday morning the lady at the office called to say that the doctor had to leave town. But if he's back by Thursday he'll see me Friday. I said okay.

Yesterday, the lady from Dr. Martinez's office left me a voice message saying the doctor had to cancel.

A little annoyed, I called around to three different doctor's offices hoping to get an appointment with someone else. Nobody could see me sooner and one wouldn't see me until mid-September!

I crawled back to Dr. Martinez and have an appointment for next Tuesday. Hopefully this one sticks because I have to snort this bottle of nail polish remover every 30 minutes in order to breathe.

In other news... my rugger teammate, workout partner and karaoke partner, Jay, had emergency gallbladder surgery. So everyone throw positive thoughts his way. I visited him yesterday and he's doing well.

4 Comments:

  • I just went through the same thing but I got an appointment with a doctor next week. His name is strangely similar to Kevorkian so I'm a little unsure but desperate times call for desperate measures. I mean that burning sensation doesn't go away by itself (just kidding, sometimes it does).

    By Blogger potusol, At Fri Aug 12, 10:07:00 AM MST  

  • Well if it's any consolation, in my experience after your first visit and are officially a patient, they see you quite quickly and even more quickly if necessary. Don't know about Martinez in particular, hopefully he's the same way. Thanks for everything lately btw, you're the best :)

    By Blogger AZJay, At Sat Aug 13, 01:10:00 PM MST  

  • NP, Jay. Just glad you're on your way to recovery. :-)

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Sat Aug 13, 02:44:00 PM MST  

  • call me a bitch but i would never trust my health in a doctor last named Martinez

    glad to hear your pal is better

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Sun Aug 14, 09:28:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home