Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, August 07, 2005

How Dry I Am


Betty Ford Posted by Picasa

Last night, Kevin, George, Angi, Jeff, Jay and the other rugby dudes (myself included) went to Apollo's for karaoke. Since Kevin was driving, I got to drink for a change. I have not drank much this summer. Mostly because I work at Skyview on Sunday mornings (I usually have to get up anytime between 7-9 a.m.) and rugby practice on Saturdays begins at 8. So, drinking is not an option. This is fine because I don't need the wasted calories.

However, this means that my liquor tolerance has dropped to about zero. So, after three margaritas of immense strength I was really messed up. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because I'm not an ugly drunk. I don't get angry and throw punches. I don't black out and wake up in a stranger's bed. But I do hug and kiss a lot .

Some funny things happened at the forum.

Jeff ended up getting cozy (and digits) from Daniel. Daniel is this really hot and adorable guy on the rugby team. I also think he's probably a decade or so younger than Jeff, so if they end up hitting it off I'll be sure to get Jeff a subscription to Teen Beat or Bop magazines. That way he'll be able to converse on topics that are at the foremost of most young adult's minds.

Some of the guys sang. Some really well. Others not so. But everyone should get an A for effort. Bob sang Glory from Rent. He sounded as good as the CD. I was completely blown away. Immediately after, Jeremy and he sang Seasons of Love. Daniel gave an intense performance of Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Gary did his best imitation of Loretta Lynn. Brian sang something (I'm thinking Duran Duran but can't remember). Jay did a fun version of Walking Contradiction by Green Day.

Then Jay and I teamed up for Hash Pipe by Weezer. I'm not sure how well or poorly we did because by that time I was completely blitzed. But I did have fun with it. I love this song so much because it's about a gay male prostitute. It really brings back the memories. LOL.

We have one straight guy, John, on our team. His brother is gay and on the team as well. John's wife, Jacque, and I had a great long talk. She is so fucking awesome--she works at the Humane Society so we talked pets. :-)

Finally, it was time to go. Gary wanted me to go home with him, but I was so drunk that I did not want to have sex. So, I declined.

The ride home was a struggle. I felt like I had to puke so bad. The whole world was spinning. YUCK! It was those damn Jagerbombers! I got home and drunk e-mailed Mr. X who is in Peru. Fortunately, it wasn't too embarrassing. I really need to stop being so tragic when it comes to him. UGH!

I didn't go to sleep until 3 or 4 because every time I tried to close my eyes, the world spun out of control.

My alarm went off at 8--time to go to Skyview. I had the worst headache. Fortunately, I've been working at Skyview for over 5 years so I can actually do the job in my sleep.

Skyview is a satellite company. We take radio feeds of sporting events from flagship stations and rebroadcast them to the affiliates. Us board ops have a sound board and we play commercials during breaks and station IDs and such.

Today I had the Marlins. I slept during the innings, but I'm so in tuned to the sounds that I was able to gain consciousness and play my breaks when needed. After about 3 innings, I was completely refreshed and ready to go.

So, all in all, it was a good weekend.

8 Comments:

  • Hey, so what did Jeff sing? I didn't catch that from your post.

    I think it's a crime to Karaoke Green Day. What has this world come to?

    By Blogger Brooke, At Sun Aug 07, 11:09:00 PM MST  

  • I am sorry I karaokied Green Day. I apologize unreservedly. Please forgive me.

    Ape, I'm sorry, I forget to tell you we've learned that Apollo's makes Greek-god-strong type drinks. I apologize for the oversight. And what makes you think Gary wanted sex from you? It's so unlike him. I'm sure he just wanted to chat and get to know you. :D

    By Blogger AZJay, At Mon Aug 08, 12:17:00 AM MST  

  • I have NO idea what you're talking about. And I already have a subscription to Tiger Beat thank you very much (although Bop looks more my speed, I voted for Benji Madden).

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Aug 08, 08:12:00 AM MST  

  • And how can you forget that Brian sang "Wild Boys"?

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Aug 08, 08:13:00 AM MST  

  • Yes! Wild Boys that was it. Jay--I thought it was a subtle hint when he stuck his tongue down my throat and asked me to come home with him. But you're probably right. He probably just wanted to play Xbox or something. LOL. And it's been so long, if I had been more sober I would've jumped at the chance... but alas I was a mess.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Mon Aug 08, 09:08:00 AM MST  

  • There's always next week.

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Aug 08, 10:56:00 AM MST  

  • That Jeff has some nerve — stealing Daniel away from Buddy.
    Sign me,
    Anonymous

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Aug 08, 12:58:00 PM MST  

  • And now that I think about it there's no way he could be ten years younger. I would NEVER date a 15 year old.

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Aug 09, 01:53:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home