Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, January 23, 2006

Simple Man

What would a game of rugby be without scabby knees?

I often dream of what it must be like to play rugby on actual grass. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel blades of grass under my cleats. Instead I'm treated to straw with the texture of razor blades laying on top of earth that feels like concrete.

It hasn't rained in over four months in Phoenix. To say the ground is hard is an understatement.

I also think I'm out of alignment. I'm getting sharp pains running down my left arm. This happened to my right side last game. I think it's time to call my chiropractor.

I had a great topic to blog about but I'll wait until tomorrow night or Wednesday. I'm too tired.

Today SJ stopped by work and gave me a rose. I'm trying to think back at the last time I received a flower. It's been a long time so it was greatly appreciated. And it was PERFECTLY timed.

Jeff said we're getting too cutesy for words (we keep posting stuff messages and songs on MySpace). I told him not to worry, because the disgusting cutesy phase would only last a couple of years.

In true Jeff fashion he replied: "Ok after doing a little math (hurts my head) that means there's gonna be like 8000 teddy bears and over 10,800 cutesy phrases by 2008. "

Sorry I posted that Jeff but it cracked me up. And it's not like I posted an actual IM session like other bloggers do. ;-)

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

I've been in a 70s southern rock mood for the past week. I've been listening to Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd. One of my favorite Skynyrd songs is Simple Man. It harkens me back to when I was a young pup. You can either view it as cheesy or soulful. I love the guitar work. :-)

Lyrics
Stream Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • Kiddo you know I don't mind. I just don't know what in the hell you guys are gonna do with all those damn teddy bears. Get your butt (knees, shoulders, whatever) to the chiropractor and get yourself better. Flagstaff will be here before you know it and that ground's frozen.

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Jan 23, 11:16:00 PM MST  

  • Damn....that had to hurt on the moisture"less" ground. OUCH! God, we need the rain. You best friend HAS to be Advil.

    By Blogger Ed, At Tue Jan 24, 10:06:00 AM MST  

  • There ya go getting all bruised up again...you are too funny. Great tune btw (how did I manage not to have heard it?)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Tue Jan 24, 11:29:00 AM MST  

  • I lied. I am attracted to scabs.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Jan 24, 01:57:00 PM MST  

  • oh god...

    ok, I wont write about how sad I am to see how a guy I love so much is hurting himself and giving a party cuz of that

    instead of that endless preach, I just wanna say that even though
    I´m terribly jealous, I´m happy about you, your guy and all those TeddyBears!

    you deserve to be happy, buddy, just close your eyes and enjoy it!
    love

    Ian

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Tue Jan 24, 03:59:00 PM MST  

  • I wish you could have seen some of Jonny's scabs from rugby in Arizona. You might have thought twice about signing up! The ground is just so hard and rugby is so brutal.

    BTW, I love you taste in music!!! It is rigth up my alley!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, At Wed Jan 25, 10:47:00 PM MST  

  • This is why I will never play rugby... I don't like to get hurt!!!

    And, a little sweetness is cute and awesome. At least he is romantic and sweet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Feb 01, 09:12:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home