Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, December 05, 2005

Say Hello to My Leetle Friend


epsom Posted by Picasa

Lots to report about. But I'm really beat (and beat up) so this'll be a quickie (just like Sloppy Joey).

We played San Diego on Saturday. We lost 21-7 (I think that was the score). There was a scary moment when little Shawn was knocked unconscious. He was taken away by the paramedics but he was checked out at the hospital and everything's okay.

I felt like we could have won that game. I'm annoyed that we lost but we did play pretty hard. The pitch was terribly rough. It was like playing on gravel covered by some straw. My right knee today is twice the size as my left one. It's throbbing. I'm going to ice it some more before bed and ice it all day tomorrow. If it's not better I'll get it checked out.

I did manage to score my first try ever! It was very exciting. I didn't realize it but it was our first try ever as a team. So that is just a huge honor. I don't remember too well how it happened. Rickie through a great pass to me and I think I may have run past a guy or two and then it was all open field. I kind of fell down at the try line and got choked up for a second. Then I saw my team rushing towards me. I can't even explain what that feeling is like. It was truly special.

At the drinkup, Scottish Dave got forward of the match and I was honored with back of the match. I like that concept (a forward and back honored) better than just man of the match. Once again, the other men of the match drank their beers before me and I had to pour the rest of mine over my head. Coach Phill said he's just going to get me a shower cap if I'm ever "back of the match again," because I can't drink fast.

However, I made up for it by drinking all day and night -- from 3:30pm til Charlie's closed at 2am, to be precise. Yes, I got ugly drunk again. It's that damned cup they put around my neck. When I say ugly drunk, I don't mean I get violent or grumpy. I'm usually all smiles (and kisses), but I don't walk too well. In fact, I stumbled across the entire back patio of Charlie's and managed to fall on some guy. Everyone laughed because I tried to play it off -- like I meant to do that.

I've learned some valuable lessons that I'll share later on this week.

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

I'm going to do Christmas tunes this month. This song is really funny if you're from Baltimore. It's mildly funny if you're not. The song is called Essex Wonderland. Essex is a part of Baltimore known for it's blue collar workers, 80s hairstyles and an accent that rivals Jersey. In fact, Essex is quite similar to Jersey.

My favorite lines are:
Joey's home from the service
And his girlfriend is getting nervous
While he was sea
She contracted VD
They're walking in an Essex wonderland

That shit's priceless. :-P

MP3
STREAM

14 Comments:

  • I REALLY thought you meant to do that. But I wasn't one of the ones clapping I swear. And if you don't get that knee looked at I'm gonna CARRY you to Dr. Feelgood and tell him to do what he wants. And you know it won't be looking at your knee.

    p.s. I CAN carry you.

    By Blogger potusol, At Mon Dec 05, 11:59:00 PM MST  

  • Welcome back Ted :) you were missed! Damn you and your sports injuries..I don't think you will be able to walk in your old-age.

    Thanks for the clip, hysterical!

    By Blogger The Persian, At Tue Dec 06, 05:36:00 AM MST  

  • What size should that cap be again? The Shower Cap...for your head...when you win the Back of the Match again...? Congrats Ted - you will now go down in the anals of Storm lore as the man who scored first. (OMG - how NOT well written is that line! LOL!!!)

    Coach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 06:56:00 AM MST  

  • oh shit man!!!!!
    Ted, I swer I´m going to insert my cane up your ass and Impale you on my backyard if you keep on trying to kill yourself on that stoopid game!!!!!

    Baby, I´m not asking you to join some macrame or origami club but, ya´know?, I´m a handicapped already and believe me, thats not an easy thing to do. (or to be)

    stop b4 it gets awful.
    I´m sorry to bother you like this. but i had a life and it was taken away from me without asking it for... Is a game worthy?

    I love you Ted.

    ps. does anyone have Dr. Feelgood´s number... ANYONE????

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Tue Dec 06, 08:01:00 AM MST  

  • What's wrong with big hair, hun? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 08:38:00 AM MST  

  • Yeah, it's worth it if you've ever played. :). HUGE Congrats on your try Ted, it was great! Wait until you see the tape. I was RIGHT there next to you on the side line when the ball was passed right down the line as it should and when you got it there were 3 defenders around you (one an all-Navy team member mindyou). You darted around them and then you faced the Fullback and I was sure you were going to be tackled and I was thinking to my self "break right, break right!", which you did and you just had open field from there.

    It was great to watch Ted. I remember that only a short time ago I was running with you in a passing line in practice explaining you had to pass the ball backwards, not forwards. You've come a long way BABY!!!

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Dec 06, 09:22:00 AM MST  

  • Congrats on scoring at the game! That's awesome. Sorry I missed it, but next time for sure.

    By Blogger DaveJ, At Tue Dec 06, 09:37:00 AM MST  

  • DOMINICK THE DONKEY (THE ITALIAN CHRISTMAS DONKEY)
    (Allen / Merrell / Saltzberg)
    Lou Monte - 1967


    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Santa's got a little friend,
    His name is Dominick.
    The cutest little donkey,
    You never see him kick.
    When Santa visits his paisons,
    With Dominick he'll be.
    Because the reindeer cannot,
    Climb the hills of Italy.

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Jingle bells around his feet,
    And presents on the sled.
    Hey! Look at the mayor's derby,
    On top of Dominick's head.
    A pair of shoes for Louie,
    And a dress for Josephine.
    The labels on the inside says,
    They're made in Brooklyn.

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Children sing, and clap their hands,
    And Dominick starts to dance.
    They talk Italian to him,
    And he even understands.

    Cumpare sing,
    Cumpare su,
    And dance 'sta tarantel.
    When jusamagora comes to town,
    And brings du ciuccianello.

    Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    The Italian Christmas donkey.
    (la la la-la la-la la la la la)
    (la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)

    Hey! Dominick! Buon Natale!
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Dec 06, 10:57:00 AM MST  

  • I won't pretend to know anything about the plays you described. I am here to tell everyone that Teddy is starting to look like an abused wife.


    Really.


    It might sound mean, but I am glad I missed the game. It would upset me to see you get all brusied, battered (hmmmm... beer batter... hmmm beer....), and bloodied. :0(

    Oh, and heh heh.
    Someone said anal.

    Heh heh.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Tue Dec 06, 11:51:00 AM MST  

  • oh AZJay...

    now that I read your INTELLIGENT comment I really wish I had played b4 gettin to live on a wheelchair for so long...
    maybe that would have been worth it

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Tue Dec 06, 12:50:00 PM MST  

  • That damned cup...gets u everytime

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 03:16:00 PM MST  

  • You are like the Karate Kid... take a beating and just dull the pain so you can get some more later!! Just hearing these butch Rugby stories is enough for me to feel like I never need to think about participating. I will live vacariously, and painlessly, through you! Hope you heal up right again!

    And I could teach you how to chug a beer. If there is one thing I learned in college...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 11:28:00 PM MST  

  • Ian, I'm really sorry if I offended you in some way. I never meant my comment to as a dig against you. I was just trying to explain why, even with all these bruised knees and backs, rugby players put themselves through this stuff. I really didn't mean my comment to be hurtful and I 'm sorry if it came across that way. Please forgive me if it did.

    By Blogger AZJay, At Wed Dec 07, 12:41:00 PM MST  

  • http://load.pquinn.com/binaries/fries/

    Just enjoy the sounds of the holiday!

    Coach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Dec 08, 08:54:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home