Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, December 12, 2005

Let It Snow

It's really difficult to feel Christmasy in Phoenix. I don't know if it's because I sweat every time I run errands. Or maybe it's the cactus. I don't know. But I can't believe that it's a few days away. I guess I better write some Christmas cards and go Christmas shopping.

This weekend was fun. Steven took me to the Suns game. And we won. WEEHOO! We had kickass seats and it was a nail biter. I'm so glad we won, otherwise I'd be all bitter and shit. After the game we went Hamsterdam and ran into Ed and Travis.

But I think the best part of the weekend had to have been SJ, Jeffy, Kevin and my trip to see Glendale Glitters. The city of Glendale has a nice little historic downtown area that gets dolled up for the holidays. Lots of lights and vendors selling wares -- like temporary tattoos and pencils carved in the shape of dragons.

We watched some kids dance--I won't steal Jeff's line. It was too damned funny and probably relevant only to those of us sitting on the grass at the time. We also watched some poor kid throw up -- it must have been too many chocolate covered strawberries.

I sang the one verse to My Hump that I know. It wouldn't leave my head. Fortunately, it's now safely planted in Jeffy's head and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

We went to the 5 and Diner after. It managed to take a whopping 3 hours to sit, eat and pay our bill. SJ decided he would entertain us by inventing games that made no sense. This was not good because, like Jeffy, I'm suffering from bouts of no sleep. I had gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep the night before and was ready to crash. Having to figure out SJ's games was maddening. I felt like Edgar Allen Poe, flush with fever and madness and wishing I had a bottle of bourbon to make the voices go away. We had hoped to have a sighting of a famous fellow Phoenician blogger, but no luck.

In other news I'm ready to crash. My "day off" today consisted of me going to IKEA twice to exchange two busted parts of two separate bookshelves. I also went to Petco, Target (two allergy prescriptions for two different people at two different Targets), Best Buy, the UPS store and some other places that I don't remember.

Anyway.... HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

To get you in the Christmas spirit, I've got Pearl Jam covering a Stevie Wonder song (though it sounds more Jackson 5ish)-- Someday at Christmas.
Lyrics
Stream
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • Um, you left out a whole day. But that's okay because I'm being evil and writing up my own weekend account including the part about the creepy guy who untied your shoes. And I still can't sleep. Maybe you're right about me needing to find someone to "wear" me out (squats at the gym perhaps).

    Um, Bavaria?

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Dec 13, 01:09:00 AM MST  

  • You can have some of my snow up here buddy...and the freeeking 9 degree weather this morning to help you get into the spirit. This SJ sounds like a funny guy..

    That was a really interesting cover. Thanks for putting it up! :)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Tue Dec 13, 06:30:00 AM MST  

  • Theodore... looking forward to seeing you and your lovely lady lumps this weekend.

    cheers.

    By Blogger PJS, At Tue Dec 13, 09:15:00 AM MST  

  • Potusol--I think I blanked out tall scary guy on purpose. And no sex = no sleep. Get laid brother.

    Persian--I would love to have the cold weather... for a week or two. It's hard to snuggle with someone when you're both sweating.

    PJS--I hope we have a completely disrespectful weekend. :-)

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Tue Dec 13, 10:37:00 AM MST  

  • It's chilly here, but I don't expect any snow any time soon.

    Don't you just love errands? I always feel like I am running them non-stop this time of year! Reading your errands does make me want to go to ikea though...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 13, 11:40:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home