Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's Been Seven Hours and Fifteen Days


Shaving Is FUN! Posted by Picasa

I've been wanting to get a haircut for the past couple of days.

Unfortunately, I knew this was going to be a very expensive weekend. Normally, I have $40-$60 of play money per weekend. This is perfect for a night out on a Friday or Saturday. Since I usually work one night during the weekend at Skyview, it's worked well. I get to blow it all on one night.

However, this weekend is different. I have to pay up rugby dues -- $40. And I need some rugby equipment. I need to get a good mouth guard ($20) and a jock to protect my boys ($15). I was going to get compression pants but they feel less sleazy but they're twice as expensive. Plus, I've found out that I can make a lot of money selling pictures of myself wearing only a jock -- but I'll leave that post for another day. ;-)

Saturday day is our "boot camp." Boot camp is the first official training day of the new season. We have four hours of classroom instruction and four hours of field training. It will be over at 4PM, then we go home, eat, sleep and meet at Padlock at 9PM for our official after party. That means I'll need another $20-$40. Unless they have one of their typical classy drink specials -- like half priced drinks if you don't wear your pants. I can get really fucked up on whiskey sours with no pants and five bucks.

Then on Sunday, Buddy and I are going to three different gay restaurants/bars for a feature story. The feature story will be written as an essay instead of a straight up news story. The subject? What's on the community's mind, whether it be why someone likes bloody mary's, if someone is in love, if someone is pissed off at the country. Whatever goes. I'm going to talk to strangers and write down whatever they say. But this is going to happen from 11AM-6PM. That means I'll need another $20-$40 for the day.

As you can see, this is way over my normal entertainment budget, so I've got to cut some corners. Cut corners. Hmmm. Cut corners by cutting my own hair. Okay. That makes sense.

Today I convinced Kevin to buzz my head. I think it turned out well. I like it. It's a different look. I can even look menacing. I'm gonna have to wear a lot of sunscreen on the field Saturday. Otherwise I'll have one red and peeling head.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home