Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Marat Safin, my Russian brother


Safin
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
One of my favorite tennis players to watch is Marat Safin. Click here for a hot shirtless pic. The mercurial Russian is one of the few players on the tour able to beat Roger Federer (the #1 player in the world and someone who's lost maybe twice this year). But Safin can also lose to really horrible players too. He's like a Greek tragedy.

His temper is also very explosive. If he fucks up, he will scream, throw his racket or slam it into the ground. After he does this, he keeps on playing.

Many commentators say that's bad. They contend that he gets too upset.

I disagree. Last night at bowling (and every night of bowling or tennis or rugby), I was a bit like Marat Safin. If I get frustrated because I managed to get three splits in a game or I failed to pick up an easy spare--I cuss and cuss loudly.

If I don't do this, it builds up and it has no place to go. I think I embarrass my teammates a bit. They pretend that they don't know me. But that's okay. Sometimes we gotta let it out or else we develop ulcers (or styes in our eyes). LOL.

2 Comments:

  • I NEVER get embarassed when you swear but I think you should start doing what I do.

    Get the really dirty words out of your system before you turn around after throwing the ball. That way no one really sees or hears because the noise from the pins (or pin, or gutterball) covers up the swearing. It didn't work so great for me last night because that flag was directly over our lanes and every time I felt like I was swearing at America.

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Aug 02, 11:24:00 AM MST  

  • Good advice. Maybe I should start swearing.

    Jay, nursing a possible ulcer AND a stye now, Jay

    P.S. I like this tennis player better ;-)

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Aug 02, 01:50:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home