Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, July 29, 2005

Searching With My Good Eye Closed

Yesterday, Paul and I went to ASU to interview and photograph our cover story for the upcoming Arts Issue. We hung out with Kris Sanford, an MFA student and future Echo cover model.

She uses older photographs and crops them in such a way as to change the context. She does this to make heterosexuals appear homosexual. For example, she'll use a picture from the 1920s of two women holding hands. Then she'll crop the image so that you can only see the holding hands part. It's very cool.

Anyway, Kris left to get a tripod and I made Paul take this photo.

After that I went to the gym and worked out with Jay. He's on the rugby team and works out at the Lifetime. So, that's nice that I have a workout buddy. It gets old working out by yourself all of the time.

I got home and ate dinner. Then I got a phone call from someone with an accent. Not recognizing the number, I totally assumed it was Cyrille (see previous post Love Hate Love). Cyrille calls me on a calling card, so the number is always random.

Here's our conversation:
Me: Hello?
Person: Hello this is (inaudible)
Me: Laughing.. Cyrille comment ce vas?
Person: Why are you laughing?
Me: Because you crack me up.
Person: What kind of sick person would laugh after saying a name?
Me: I would, especially if the person I'm talking to is fucking nuts.

This conversation lasted a good five minutes. Then I realized it wasn't Cyrille at all. I had no clue as to who this person was. The other person started getting really agitated -- I thought it was Cyrille playing one of his stupid jokes. Not! I ended up hanging up and the guy didn't call back.

Right after that, Mr. Y called. I met Mr. Y for about five seconds two weeks ago when I was in Jerome. He IM'd me Tuesday night while I was chatting with some buds on gay.com.

We chatted for a long time and had an interesting conversation--very rare on gay.com. He suggested we meet for beers Sunday night and I agreed (since he knew Buddy, I knew he wasn't a run of the mill psycho).

So... Mr. Y called last night and said he wanted to play darts. He wanted me to join him. After the freaky conversation with The Guy Who Is Not Cyrille, I readily agreed.

We met at Roscoes at 8:30 and played darts. I had to play left handed. Even though I'm left handed, I do some things right handed, like throw darts, balls, etc. and bowl. So, I didn't do very well, but I did much better than I anticipated. I even managed to win two games.

I liked the fact that Mr. Y is just as competitive as I am and wasn't cutting me any slack, even though I was mildly handicapped (and not just mentally).

The next thing I knew, it was 11:30. I couldn't believe it. What I thought was going to be a 1 hour outing turned into an all night affair. But it was cool, cuz I laughed and had a great time.

This morning I woke up to find my right eye, almost swollen shut. It was feeling sore yesterday, but it was odd because the bump on the bottom lid was almost completely healed. And I've been doing my hot compresses 3xs a day like the doc said. So, I couldn't understand why it would hurt.

Today... you can barely see my pupil, because the upper lid is so swollen, it almost completely covers the eye. This is absolutely insane!!!!!

With my right arm all bandaged up and my eye fucked up, I'm feeling like Frankenstein. Hopefully, tomorrow it will look better.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home