Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Thank You From My Sister Lorraine

My sister Lorraine sent me a letter (see below) and I was supposed to post it last week. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

I want to thank everyone for helping Lorraine raise money for the MS Walk. She walked the 30+ miles for my sister Michele who has been battling the disease. Your thoughts, prayers and money were greatly appreciated!!!

From Lorraine:

It is hard to believe that a month has passed since I walked 31 miles in this year’s MS Challenge Walk. We started at the 50 yard line of the U.S. Navy Stadium and walked for 2 days ending at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Once again, we were blessed with perfect weather and great volunteers supporting the walkers every step of the way.

I cannot thank you enough for supporting the MS Society, myself, and my sister Michele who I walk for. This year Michele did not participate because she married her best friend Elman Lobos! What a joy to see my sister so happy!

Life for Michele has changed by her disease, but the dedication of the MS Society to finding a cure, and family and friends raising money, has made great strides in fighting the disease. Michele is managing her MS through medication and we are thankful. Other folk’s struggles are more severe, because MS varies in symptoms and affliction no two cases are the same. Hope is the only thing that keeps some people going at times. Thank you for giving all those touched by this disease Hope!

This year we raised $2,115! In our 3 years of participating we have raised $8,328.14 toward fighting MS by finding a cure! What an awesome contribution – Thank You!

I am blessed with good health and great family and friends, I plan to walk every year that I can, to do my part in fighting the devastation that MS brings unwelcoming into people’s lives. I hope that you too will continue to support the efforts of the MS Society and those living with MS by staying on our team next year!

I have enclosed a picture of Michele and I with the quilt I made for her 40th birthday from the tee-shirts she and I had worn (they were washed first) during the last 3 walks.

Thank you again for your love and support, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season filled with God’s Blessings!

Peace,

Lorraine

2 Comments:

  • It was supposed to be just 30 miles, but parking was horrendous.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Mon Oct 30, 12:57:00 PM MST  

  • Thanks to all who donated this year. Thank you Ted for posting it on your wed site bringing awareness and donations. A very special thanks to a special sister who did the hard part - walking! Thanks to Joe for threatening people to donate! Love you all!

    Michele

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sun Nov 05, 08:09:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home