Diary of a Sane Man

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hello

I'm still bitter over the Project Runway thing so I had to take a break from blogging.

OK. That's only half true. I've actually been so flipping busy that I haven't had too much time to do it. I've been having a lot of fun though.

First, look at this picture. I had to order eye ointment for Duke. The cheapest place to purchase it was ironically from www.dog.com.

I paid extra shipping for overnight delivery. It came in this HUGE ASS box! Look how small the little tube of ointment is.

Last Friday was my friend Neil's 50th Birthday. He had a nice small dinner (only 30 people - which is actually small for Neil) at Pasta Brioni. He then had a big bash at one of the local bars here. I had a great time!

Saturday was Rickie's 24th birthday. It was a radically different scene. It was a combo birthday/fashion show. I had a blast. I loved hanging out with the rugby guys in a different setting. I laughed so hard because we are all so radically different. But everyone is nice and sweet so that's our common thread.

Last night some of us ruggers and my friend Ryan went to the Arizona State Fair. It was hysterical watching John A. buy anything and everything that was friend and on a stick. The pickle was REALLY tart! I tried a snickers and it was good but too sweet. I could only eat a quarter of it. I gave the rest away.

We got on some absolutely insane rides. The problem is, my fear of heights has gotten MUCH worse. I was so afraid I was going to fall off the stupid Skyline Ride (you know the hanging bench that goes from one side of the fair to the other). We got on one ride that had us hanging upside down 73 feet in the air. The only thing holding holding us in the seat was a little shoulder bar. I held on SOOO tight. I just felt that at any second the shoulder bar would fly up and I would fall out. According to its Web site, the open seating is supposed to give riders "an extra thrill."

I did get on the Zipper though, which is my absolute favorite ride ever!

My sister Lorraine has a message for all of you peeps. I'll post it tomorrow.
:-)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home