Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Labradoodle?

Greetings from the Pineapple Ranch in North North Scottsdale. SJ and I are puppy sitting for John and Phill for the weekend.

J & P live close enough to Phoenix that it's only about a 30 minute drive downtown. But they live far enough away that you can see all of the stars at night. And during the day we've seen so much wildlife -- quail, bunnies, lizards, etc. We even saw some wolves coming home Friday night.

I love the desert. The saquaros, chollas, desert brush, etc. is incredibly beautiful. It's great to experience it in the wild up here. Although there is plenty of development, it's less so than in Phoenix or its suburbs.

The dogs are very interesting. The female (Maulie) is much more aggressive than the male (Ruck). If there's an animal in the backyard, she freaks out. She'll bark and try to get out. And when I open the door she RACES out - practically knocking me over. Ruck, kind of saunters out. He's not so concerned with trespasser. Maulie also has a tendency to hump Ruck. At least she did last night. I instinctively yelled out, "Ruck! Stop that." I was GREATLY surprised when I realized it was Maulie. I laughed my ass off.

-------

Saturday Robbie and SJ organized a car wash at Apollo's for the Storm. I'll post some pix later this week. Amazingly enough, we raised $650! It's a phenomenal amount of money. What's even better is that we raised almost triple what the softball league raised a few weeks prior. Kim was kind enough to send the notice over the guys at Camelback and they e-mailed it out to their club. I think that's REALLY cool and really typical of the rugger spirit.

-------

I'm loving the fact that Bill Clinton is doing what no other Democrat is doing. He's grown a pair of balls and giving it to the Republicans. He went on a FOX News interview. Instead of talking about Clinton's Global Initiative, FOX hammered him on his record against terrorism. Clinton fought back and put FOX in its place. I read the transcript of the interview Saturday, but it's much more entertaining to watch the video. Watch it here, courtesy of Think Progress.


------

Finally, why is there a picture of a Labradoodle? Monopoly's new edition replaced the beloved Scott Terrier with a Labradoodle. I think Monopoly fans (and dogs everywhere) should be offended. Among the other new tokens is McDonald's French Fries, a Toyota Prius and a Motorola RAZR. Talk about a game that will be outdated before its first printing. A RAZR for crying out loud???

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home