Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Goodbye to You

This week, two of my favorite shows will be off the air. Two-A-Days is actually over now. I watched the final show this morning. And then I watched the "extra" episode online tonight.

Wednesday is the end of Project Runway. I hope Laura wins (but she won't). I hope Jeffrey is exposed for cheating (but he won't be).

It's interesting how I watch television on anything but a TV.

I don't own a DVR. I have Qwest cable because it has the Tennis Channel. Qwest doesn't rent out DVRs for an extra $10 per month or however much it costs. I don't want to buy a TiVo because I know I'll be with a different cable company in a year or so. And it doesn't make sense to buy one, because my new cable company will probably have a rentable DVR. Or, I'll end up getting an HDTV in a couple of years and would need a different TiVo model.

I watch most of my TV online or on my phone.

I always forget to set the VCR (or I set it to the wrong channel). So I end up watching Lost, Jericho and Grey's Anatomy online. I love ABC and CBS for doing this. It makes it SUPER convenient for me. And I'm so grateful that I even watch the stupid commercials (there's only three or four for the entire broadcast). I feel like I owe it to them, so I'll watch the Nasonex bee buzz around for 30 seconds every ten minutes.

I've downloaded the entire first season of Supernatual to my computer. Then I transfer a couple of episodes to my phone. At night I watch 10 - 20 minutes of it before turning out the light. It's great because I don't have a TV in my bedroom. And it's a show that I never get a chance to watch (I don't even know what night it shows on "real" TV).

I think I might get a Creative Zen or perhaps the Microsoft Zune when it comes out. That way I can watch videos on a larger screen. They're WAY better than iPods.

That's the future of television folks. I'm hoping the cable companies (and networks) get smart and just do things on demand. It makes more sense. I'm also hoping we'll have to stop spending XX amount of dollars on stupid channels like CSPAN, Outdoor or Wealth TV.

One final thing... A family of shrooms sprouted up outside of Joe's apartment. I took a picture with my phone but it was really bright outside so the wide shot didn't look too good. So I got on my hands and knees and took a closer pic and captured the neatest little animal.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home