Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Abacab

I Googled "bowling fun" and found this picture. I don't know what he's wearing but it doesn't look like much fun to me.

Last night we got blown away by four amazing bowlers. Their entire team handicap was less than just one of our players. In fact, the two ladies had handicaps of zero. Their averages were over 200.

Their lowest bowler had an average of only 175. He had a 600 series last night. I think we bring the best out... in the other team's players.

Regardles of me stinking up the joint, I still had a good time. I enjoy Mondays with the boys. I think I'll have a talk with Paul and Jeff though. We need to dress more effeminately.

Our team name is Don't H8 Our Str8 -- in honor of Ryan. He's a brave soul to be the token straight guy in a gay bowling league.

But last week, when I told someone who asked me who the straight guy was on our team, he responded with, "I guessed wrong."

I didn't want to say anything to Ryan.

But last night he was up in arms when someone asked me that same question. When I answered it was Ryan, someone standing behind the guy who asked remarked that he had guess wrong. Or, something to that effect. I think Ryan was a little peeved. Actually, he was upset that they didn't think a gay guy could wear an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt.

So next week, I think us gay guys should wear pink and he can wear blue.

I like the fact that nobody knows who the straight guy is. It just goes to show that although stereotypes are there for a reason, they're easily shattered.

The only bad part of bowling is the music. They play it at a very low level, so you can barely hear it. But when you do hear it you want to vomit. For some reason, they've been playing a lot of Phill Collins--and the really bad stuff, Easy Lover, Against All Odds, etc.

At the end of the evening they did play some Alice in Chains, so I was happy about that! :-D

Oh... one more thing. the team we played against had fun names on the screen. Like Scoots La Rue, Aida Poussez (and I'm sure she did), Reign of Terror (because she bowled 270-something) and Coco Latte. Ryan suggested we did that next week. Ryan named himself Plough and Girth. He named me Polish Sausage. Paul is going to be some old-school girl's name like Irlene or Mabel. We need a good one for Jeff. Any suggestions?

HAPPY TUNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS

Despite what some may think, there actually is some good Phill Collins. Most of it came when he was with Genesis. And most of the good stuff happened when they were prog rockers and not pop rockers. Although Phill is no Peter Gabriel, he did make the band more accessible. Here's one of my favorite Genesis songs. It's called Abacab.

Link
Lyrics

10 Comments:

  • I'll have to think bout a nickname for pothead....i mean....potusol.....it's kewl no one knew who the str8 dude was! I loved Genesis....there earlier stuff.....and Abacab is right on up there.....Phil Collins was quite a drummer before he went all pop. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Tue Jun 13, 05:46:00 PM MST  

  • BTW.....does Flurl no longer work for you, also? :(

    By Blogger The_Gay_Dude, At Tue Jun 13, 05:47:00 PM MST  

  • It's my straight from a Father's Day ad plaid shirts that throw them off and even though we got blown away we did manage to slow them down CONSIDERABLY.

    p.s I can't believe I didn't get Aida Poussez until just now, I really do need to pay better attention.

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Jun 13, 07:14:00 PM MST  

  • your mouth has gotten so dirty... its gone to shit. how many times did you cuss in front of those children? an embarrassment! ToiletMouth Teddy.

    not that mine is any fuckin better. but still.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Jun 13, 08:12:00 PM MST  

  • Wow. Rugby, bowling, ESPN...the gays in Phoenix are so butch! (Note to self.) I can't think of a name for the str8 guy. Creativity has left the building...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, At Tue Jun 13, 08:29:00 PM MST  

  • That's okay Kiddo, the name was to be for Jeff and he's a flaming homo. My choice is "Parasol".

    By Blogger AZJay, At Wed Jun 14, 11:17:00 AM MST  

  • Polish Sauage/Urban Myth: Kinda the same/only different.

    Speaking of butch things and all...BTW How's the pedicure feelin now?

    OMG - OHHH MYYY GODDD....

    (note to self: need to think about using inside voice more carefully when reading bloggggging thingys!)

    miss rugby yet?

    coach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Jun 14, 11:51:00 AM MST  

  • myth, legend, TALL tale... its all true.

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Wed Jun 14, 04:02:00 PM MST  

  • man I miss bowling, I used to be on a league years ago, and havn't bowled since.

    By Blogger DEREK, At Fri Jun 16, 02:14:00 PM MST  

  • I seriously need to get a ball and join a league; I love to bowl, and I am pretty good!! Too bad I don't live in AZ, I could be on you guy's team!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Jun 21, 01:04:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home