Diary of a Sane Man

Friday, July 08, 2005

Strike that, reverse it


wonka
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I still don't understand why they're remaking Willy Wonka. It just seems sacrilegious. And they're remaking it without the songs. I guess the new one is supposed to be closer to the book. I never read the book(s) (I think there was more than one), so I guess if the movie is radically different than the original it should be alright.

But there are so many excellent scenes/songs in the first one, that surely they will be missed in the 2nd. The whole Veruca Salt character doing her Jeckyll and Hyde trick singing nicely and petulantly with the Golden Gooses.... that's classic!

But that's not my point. My point is Willy Wonka has a phrase he uses often, "Strike that, reverse it."

That's sort of what's going on right now (read previous posting about text messaging). Apparently, the break up e-mail was not a break up e-mail (even though after quoting from it, Mr. X said it sounded like one).

Long story short, we're still dating. For how long, hmmm not sure. But it's certainly worth a try. There are a lot of good qualitites there, so I think that's worth pursuing. And if it doesn't work out, at least I know I tried. :)

4 Comments:

  • *blush* me and my f***ng habit of reading posts in a correlative way.....
    forget about my previous comment..*blush*

    I´m happy u r ok!

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Fri Jul 08, 04:38:00 PM MST  

  • Every time I read this I hear Missy Elliot singing "Work It" in my head.

    "Is it worth it, let me work it
    I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it"


    I betcha didn't know I was a gangsta.

    By Blogger potusol, At Sun Jul 10, 11:43:00 AM MST  

  • You are so gangsta. Unfortunately, I haven't put my thing down yet. ;-)

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Sun Jul 10, 06:31:00 PM MST  

  • If there is one thing that JEFF is, it is a gangsta. OLD SCHOOL STYLE.


    Keep an open mind about Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.
    The books were among my favorites as a little boy, and the movie is ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites, too.

    I can't wait to see this movie. I'm going on Friday.

    As far as "Strike that. Reverse it."
    Stricken and reversed.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Mon Jul 11, 12:23:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home