Diary of a Sane Man

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I'm Gonna Crawl


Injured Posted by Hello

Isn't it amazing there's a Zeppelin song for everything??? I promise this'll be the last Zep title.

Anyway... I went to my first rugby practice today. Fortunately, Buddy was on hand to call the paramedics.... OK, I didn't REALLY need an ambulance but FUCK!!!! it KICKED MY ASS.

I woke up at 7 and couldn't fall back to sleep. So, I got up and drank some coffee, gassed up the car and got some Gatorade. I got to the Park where practice is held and got situated. A few minutes later Buddy showed up. That was a neat surprise. I wish he'd brought his tennis shoes and worked out with us but alas no. I think a little more prompting and he'll fall in line. :-)

So we basically ran for 90 minutes in the heat. When I'm talking heat, I'm not talking about 85 degrees. It's at least 1,000 degrees--Kelvin no less. Phil, who runs the practices, tries to disguise the running as rugby drills but essentially it's nothing but running sprints for 90 minutes. I'm going to have to up my caloric intake by 30% or else I'll look like Karen Carpenter by the end of summer.

I got muddy, because part of the field was wet and tennis shoes just don't do the trick. I'm going to have to get some cleats. We rolled around on the ground, passed the ball to each other, sprinted around each other, did footwork in ladders and RAN. It was the most fun I've had with hard exercise in a long time.

After practice everyone went to the Good Egg for breakfast. I barely ate two scrambled eggs and a half a piece of toast. I was literally in a daze. I'm not even sure how I drove to the damned restaurant. They say it gets easier. I hope so.

But it was fun. And it was so cool of Buddy to come over. I always introduce him as my boss--as a sign of respect. But he acts more like a friend. Yesterday he wasn't in the office and it kinda sucked. I had to watch Young and the Restless by myself--there was nobody to hear my smartassed comments about the show.

I'm gonna watch Twister and take a nap on the couch and then it's off to the AHRF dinner. Should be fun!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home